Snap and share!! We all love making memories on Snapchat. But sometimes due to storage space running out and sometimes accidentally we delete our Snapchat memories. If you regret doing that, don’t worry, here I got you the solution. If you want to know how to recover deleted Snapchat memories, then go ahead and follow the instructions.
Snapchat is in the top 10 most used social media apps right now. With amazing Snapchat filters, editing features, and an inbuilt snap folder that stores all our pictures and videos, it becomes the favorite social media app for the present generation. But what about Snapchat recovery? Is there any way to do that?
If you’ll search for How to recover Deleted Snapchat Messages, you’ll find n number of ways, apps, and tools that claim to help you with the recovery. But are these tools really useful? To put you out of this doubtful situation, here I have mentioned the most effective tricks to recover deleted Snapchat memories. Open your Snapchat app. Go to settings...
How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories On Android And iPhone?
1. Recover Snapchat Deleted Memories From My Data Archieves
It’s not that hard to recover your deleted Snapchat memories and messages. Just follow this step-by-step process and effectively recover your Snapchat memories.
You may also be interested in How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages?
- Open Snapchat App. Go to the “Settings” icon.
- Scroll down a little until you find the “My Data” option in the Privacy section.
- When you click on My Data, it requires you to login in using your Snapchat ID.
- My Data page will open. From here select the memories option to recover them.
- Press “Submit Request” at the bottom of the page.
- This will submit your recovery request and will tell the support team to provide you with an archive for your memories.
- After the archived data is ready, you’ll receive an email to download it. The downloading takes some time depending upon the number of snaps, videos, and messages.
- Click on the link in the email and you’ll be redirected to the My Data page.
- Now select the “Mydata.zip” file to download the data to your device.
- Hurray!! Now you have access to your deleted memories in a zip file.
But wait! How to restore the photos from a zip file? Will I be able to see my photos and videos again? Yes! Why not? The next step will help you with that.
2. Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories From The Device Cache
If you want, you can also try to recover deleted snaps from Android’s cache as well. Ideally, the cache is the temporary data that is stored by an application to make its work faster and provide a better user experience.
Therefore, even if the snap has been deleted from Memories, chances are that it might be present in the device’s cache. Though, the likelihood of retrieving a deleted snap from a mobile’s cache is pretty bleak.
Nevertheless, you can take a chance and follow these steps to retrieve deleted Snapchat memories on Android.
Step 1: Firstly, you need to access your Android file system. To do this, you need to take the assistance of a dedicated file explorer/manager app on Android. Alternatively, you can just connect it to your Windows PC as well.
Step 2: Once you can access the device’s internal storage, browse to its Snapchat folder. Mostly, it is saved on Android > Data > com. Snapchat. android.
Step 3: That’s it! Now, you can just look for the Cache folder here and view the saved snaps. Move them to any other location and change their extensions to access them the usual way.
You must also be interested in How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Account? Easy-Peasy Hacks To Try!!
3. Check Your Android/iPhone Cache!!
One of the quickest and easiest methods to recover deleted Snapchat memories and snap is in your device’s cache. For this, you will need to navigate to your device’s file manager and check for the Snapchat folder in the internal storage.
This folder could be found under Android > Data > com. Snapchat. android. You can open this folder and look for the cache. There is a good chance that you will find your deleted memories retained in the cache. Just open it and click on save. Choose the location to save it in and you are good to go.
4. Look Into Phone Gallery
Another method is to look for it in the gallery’s trash folder. The deleted media is often retained in the trash folder for a certain period based on your device settings.
You can go to your gallery > trash and search for the videos or photos. Once found, you can recover it by tapping it twice or selecting it, and clicking on recover. Once done, it will be recovered to its original folder.
How To Restore Deleted Snapchat Memories?
Only a few more steps and you’re done.
- After you click the link you have received in your email, click on the link given in it.
- This will take you to the My Data page where you will find the mydata.zip file. Extract that file on your iPhone or Android device.
- As soon as you extract that file, you’ll get a new folder. In that folder go to the “index.html” option.
- This contains all your deleted memories. Enjoy!
Also, find out How To Add Filters To Snapchat? 3 Quick Hacks!
Alternate Ways To Recover Your Deleted Snapchat Memories!
Before you try any complex method for recovering your Snapchat memories, it’s good to use these simple ways first. Happy Snapchat recovery!!
1. Sync Your Snapchat Memories With Google Drive
Better safe than sorry! Creating a backup for your files is the wisest thing to do. And if you have already synced your Snapchat with Google drive, then half of your work is done here.
Open google drive and search for the photos you’re looking for.
It’s the safest and easiest way to have a hold on your Snapchat media and other pictures. With the regular backup, all your data is stored in google drive, making it easy for you to recover anytime, even if you have deleted it.
2. iStaunch For Snapchat Memories Recovery
iStaunch is another way to help you with Snapchat memories recovery. You can recover deleted Snapchat memories by using iStaunch.
Enter username and click on the recover memories option. All your deleted Snapchat memories will be automatically restored to your Snapchat account. Easy right?
Unable to find someone’s Snapchat Profile? You might be blocked. Check this out: How To Know If Someone Blocked You On Snapchat?
Wrapping Up The Ideas For Snapchat Memories Recovery:
When you start fresh on Snapchat, it offers you two options to store your snaps and videos. Either you can choose “ Save in Snapchat only” or you can go for “ Save to Snapchat and Phone’s Memory Too”. The first one will help you save your device’s storage space but the second one will make a backup for you.
Hope you found the above-mentioned ideas helpful on How to restore deleted Snapchat memories. Share this post and help others too. Stay tuned until we come up with another such hack. Happy Snapping!!
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Snapchat Data Recovery:
How Can iPhone Users Recover The Deleted Snapchat Memories?
For iPhone users the best way to recover the deleted Snapchat files in iTunes!! As many iPhone users use iTunes to create a backup of their files, it’s a possibility that you’ll find your data there.
1. Go to iTunes, open the summary page.
2. Under the backup section, click on restore iPhone.
3. Agaian click on restore and it’s done!
How Can I Retrieve Snapchat Files Via iCloud?
Just like iTunes, a lot of iPhone users take the assistance of iCloud to backup data.
1. Login to iCloud. Go to the photos section.
2. You’ll find all your snaps there. Simply click on download to local storage.
How Do I Recover My Snapchat Cache?
1. Navigate to the File Manager on your device.
2. Go to Android > Data > com. Snapchat. android.
3. Open the Snapchat Cache folder.
4. Head over to the “received_image_snaps”.
5. You will see the deleted photos.
6. Select the photos and tap on recover.
Featured Image Credits: wired.com