Snap and share!! We all love making memories on Snapchat. But sometimes due to storage space running out and sometimes accidentally we delete our Snapchat memories. If you regret doing that, don’t worry, here I got you the solution. If you want to know how to recover deleted Snapchat memories, then go ahead and follow the instructions.
Snapchat is in the top 10 most used social media apps right now. With amazing filters, editing features, and an inbuilt snap folder that stores all our pictures and videos, it becomes the favorite social media app for the present generation.
If you’ll search for How to recover Deleted Snapchat Messages, you’ll find n number of ways, apps, and tools that claim to help you with the recovery. But are these tools really useful? To put you out of this doubtful situation, here I have mentioned the most effective tricks to recover deleted Snapchat memories. Open your Snapchat app. Go to settings.
Find out the rest of the steps to help you with Snapchat recovery below. And from the next time, don’t forget to keep a backup of all your Snapchat memories in advance.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories On Android and iPhone?
It’s not that hard to recover your deleted Snapchat memories and messages. Just follow this step-by-step process and effectively recover your Snapchat memories.
You may also be interested in How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages?
1. Open Snapchat App. Go to the “Settings” icon.
2. Scroll down a little until you find the “My Data” option in the Privacy section.
3. When you click on My Data, it requires you to login in using your Snapchat ID.
4. My Data page will open. From here select the memories option to recover them.
5. Press “Submit Request” at the bottom of the page.
6. This will submit your recovery request and will tell the support team to provide you an archive for your memories.
7. After the archived data is ready, you’ll receive an email to download it. The downloading takes some time depending upon the number of snaps, videos, and messages.
8. Click on the link in the email and you’ll be redirected to the My Data page.
9. Now select the “Mydata.zip” file to download the data to your device.
10. Hurray!! Now you have access to your deleted memories in a zip file.
But wait! How to restore the photos from a zip file? Will I be able to see my photos and videos again? Yes! Why not? The next step will help you with that.
How To Restore Deleted Snapchat Memories?
Only a few more steps, and you’re done.
1. After you click the link you have received in your email, click on the link given in it.
2. This will take you to the My Data page where you will find the mydata.zip file. Extract that file on your iPhone or Android device.
3. As soon as you extract that file, you’ll get a new folder. In that folder go to the “index.html” option.
4.This contains all your deleted memories. Enjoy!
Also, find out How To Add Filters To Snapchat? 3 Quick Hacks!
Alternate Ways To Recover Your Deleted Snapchat Memories!
Before you try any complex method for recovering your Snapchat memories, it’s good to use these simple ways first.
1. Sync your Snapchat memories with Google Drive
Better safe than sorry! Creating a backup for your files is the wisest thing to do. And if you have already synced your Snapchat with Google drive, then half of your work is done here.
Open google drive and search for the photos you’re looking for.
It’s the safest and easiest way to have a hold on your Snapchat media and other pictures. With the regular backup, all your data is stored in google drive, making it easy for you to recover anytime, even if you have deleted it.
2. iStaunch for Snapchat Memories Recovery
iStaunch is another way to help you with Snapchat memories recovery. You can recover deleted Snapchat memories by using iStaunch.
Enter username and click on the recover memories option. All your deleted Snapchat memories will be automatically restored to your Snapchat account. Easy right?
Unable to find someone’s Snapchat Profile? You might be blocked. Check this out: How To Know If Someone Blocked You On Snapchat?
Wrapping up the Ideas for Snapchat Memories Recovery:
When you start fresh on Snapchat, it offers you two options to store your snaps and videos. Either you can choose “ Save in Snapchat only” or you can go for “ Save to Snapchat and Phone’s Memory Too”. The first one will help you save your device’s storage space but the second one will make a backup for you.
Hope you found the above-mentioned ideas helpful on How to restore deleted Snapchat memories. Share this post and help others too. Stay tuned until we come up with another such hack. Happy Snapping!!
Featured Image Credits: Digital Sushma