Netflix is an online streaming platform that gets all your favorite movies and shows in one place. But, do you know how to remove a device from your Netflix account? What if you remove a person’s device who has access to your account? Oh! So, too many questions. Of course, we know that there is no limit as you can connect as many devices as you want to your Netflix account. However, you cannot steam all devices at the same time, there are some restrictions.
Today, Netflix has become a very popular online streaming platform have around 150 million subscribers all over the world. Netflix has a huge collection of different movies, shows, and web series. Watching movies with friends is fun, but what if screen sharing gets full? What if you cross the maximum limit of Netflix’s connected devices?
No worries! You can keep your friends in, and remove the extra devices connected to your account. So, if you are thinking about how to remove a device from your Netflix account then you have come to the right place. The best way is to sign out of all the devices using your Netflix account, and then you can change the password. In this way, you can easily stop someone from signing back into your account.
Let’s discuss the different ways how you can remove a device from your Netflix account. When you think that someone is misusing your Netflix account with many devices then it is a good idea to remove them. So here are some ways that will help you to remove a device from your Netflix account.
Steps On How To Remove A Device From Your Netflix Account?
Does it ever strike you as to how many people are actually using your Netflix account? However, it depends on your Netflix subscriptions and how many people can stream at a time. Also, how many devices can be used to download movies and shows.
If your account shows exceed the maximum limit, then here is how to remove a device from your Netflix account.
How To Recognize And Remove A Device From Netflix?
You may have your own reason to remove any device from your Netflix account. Could be that you need to remove a download device so that you can add your own device.
However, it is important to know that Netflix suggests using one account in a single house. If you use your account from any other location then your account will be suspected. However, this in turn will put your account on hold.
How To Find A Connected Device On Netflix?
At first, it is important that you are aware of any kind of suspicious device that uses your Netflix account. Could be that you are watching Netflix on your smart TV and you see an iPhone streaming content from your Netflix account. But you did not log in from your mobile device. Now that’s creepy. Well, these are the steps on how to remove a device from your Netflix account easily.
- Firstly login to your Netflix account.
- At the upper right corner click on your profile.
- Next from the drop-down menu move to your Account settings.
- Under the settings option, click on recent device streaming activity.
- Then on the other page, all the devices that are using your Netflix account will be visible to you.
- Here you can even see the last three times a person has connected a specific device to stream and from a specific IP address.
- Moreover, the location from where a specific device is used is also visible.
- If you find any unknown IP address or device you can remove it.
How To Sign Out And Remove All The Devices On Netflix
From the options menu on Netflix, you can easily sign out your devices. But you cannot remove any specific device remotely.
However, from the account setting page, you need to sign out of all the devices at one go. With the help of this setting, all the devices that are using your Netflix account are removed and everyone has to log in again. Here are some easy ways to do it.
- Firstly use a web browser to log in to your Netflix account.
- Go to Account settings.
- Next tap on sign out of all devices option, present under the setting.
- Subsequently, on the next page click on the blue sign out button to confirm your choices.
- That’s it. Now Netflix signs out your account from each and every device (this also includes the device you use for this process).
- Next, you need to login again and change your password as soon as possible.
Steps To Change Your Netflix Account
It is important for you to change your Netflix password when you notice that people are misusing your account. At times people also save passwords on their device to log in quickly hence, when you change the password people will not be able to login back in. After changing your password, you can share the current changed password with anyone you want to. Likewise, you can also manage the devices that you want to sign in to your account. Here are some steps that will help you to change your password.
- Using web browser Login to Netflix.
- Go to the Account settings page.
- Next in the Membership and Billing section click on Change Password.
- Enter your new and current password and click on Save.
- However, ensure that you also check the box that says you need all devices to log in again with a new password
- This step ensures that all the new devices enter with the new credentials.
Don’t miss out on How To Stream HBO Max On Discord? Effective Ways To Host!!!!
So here are some of the easy steps on how to remove a device from your Netflix Account. Using these steps you can remove all the unknown and unwanted devices from your Netflix account. In this way, your account will be safe and you will avoid all kinds of suspicious behavior.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why Is It Not Possible To Remove A Device From Your Netflix Account?
However, if you see a pop-up message saying sorry, you cannot remove this device now, this means that you have reached the maximum number of the device that you deactivated at the time. Moreover, this error only comes up when you have removed all the downloaded devices at one go from Netflix.
Q. After You Remove A Device On Netflix What Happens?
So when you remove all the downloaded devices from Netflix the content that is downloaded will also be lost. But you need not worry as this takes time to happen. You can also replace the removed devices with any of your own devices. This will not allow the other person to download more content until and unless that person removes your device again.
Featured Image Credits: businessinsider.com