Are you also tired of WhatsApp’s limited allowance for sending the files? At present, you cannot send files larger than 100MB through WhatsApp to anyone. Not only this, the limit is just 16MB when it comes to sending videos on WhatsApp. However, this issue is soon going to be resolved as it is not going to take long before WhatsApp will allow you to send files even up to the size of 2GB. But, how to share larger files on WhatsApp?
The inability to send large files has been WhatsApp’s major limitation ever since. WhatsApp users often find it troublesome when they have to transfer an important file that is larger but WhatsApp doesn’t let them send it due to the size exceeding WhatsApp’s limit.
Now, finally, WhatsApp has considered this issue and has started working on increasing the size limit for the files to be sent through their platform so that users don’t have to switch to another application.
In the further update of WhatsApp, you will be able to send up to 2GB of files through WhatsApp. This is going to be quite a useful feature for all WhatsApp users as most of us need to send larger files and when using a platform for all the conversation and exchange of information, it is not preferable to switch to another platform just because WhatsApp doesn’t let you send huge files. So, without taking an extra sec, let’s start with how to share larger files on WhatsApp.
What Is The Size Limit For Sharing Files On WhatsApp At Present?
At present, you are allowed to send only 100MB of files on WhatsApp to anyone. And, if you want to share a video with someone on WhatsApp then the limit is just 16MB.
There are many instances where you need to share the files of much larger files. There are videos of large size but if the video exceeds 16MB then you can’t send it in a single go. You then need to split the video into chunks not exceeding 16MB and in this way, you can send the larger video to someone through Whatsapp in parts. Also, PDF files are quite large especially when you wish to share the PDF of a complete book. There is always an option to use an online tool for compressing a PDF file, but people will prefer a much easier option if it’s available.
Here is how to share large files on Whatsapp.
Also, read How To Create Poll On WhatsApp? Check Out WhatsApp’s Latest Feature
How To Share Larger Files On WhatsApp?
There have been rumors that WhatsApp is soon going to let you send files up to the size of 2GB on their platform, that too in a single go. Looks like WhatsApp finally understood how important this is. Although it really took WhatsApp a long time to consider this thing, lastly WhatsApp has decided to make amendments to their application for this feature.
Also, read How To Stay Logged Into WhatsApp Web?
How To Share Files Larger Than 100MB On WhatsApp?
As soon as WhatsApp launches the feature of allowing files larger than 100MB up to 2GB to be sent, you will no longer have to shift to other applications or sites to share any large file with others in place of WhatsApp.
Below are provided the steps that you will need to follow to know how to share larger files on WhatsApp:
- Launch the WhatsApp application on your device.
- Now open the individual or group chat where you want to share the file.
- Tap on the Attachment option just beside the message typing area in the chat.
- Tap on Document in the first option to select the desired document from your device.
- Now, all the files present on your device will be displayed on the screen.
- Choose the file up to the size of 2GB that you want to share on WhatsApp.
- A pop-up box will appear. Tap on Select to confirm.
- Let the file load in the chat box and then the file will be shared with the person/s in that chat.
Also, read How To Preview Documents On WhatsApp Without Opening?
Another method on how to share larger files on WhatsApp is in the steps below:
- Open the file manager of your device where the file that you want to share is stored.
- Go to the document up to the size of 2GB which is to be sent.
- Tap and hold the file to select it.
- The option of SHARE will appear at the bottom of your device’s screen. Tap on it.
- Various available options for file sharing will appear on your screen. Tap on the WhatsApp icon.
- Now, in the list of names of your WhatsApp contacts, tap on the personal chat or group chat where you want to share the file.
- Tap on the Send icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Allow the file to load, and the file will be shared with that person or that group.
Also, read How To Use WhatsApp Without Giving Access To Contacts?
How To Share Videos Larger Than 16MB On WhatsApp?
Since you know as how to share larger files on WhatsApp (up to 2Gb), let’s see how to share videos larger than 16MB on WhatsApp.
Well, there is no such direct feature coming up with the latest updates by WhatsApp, however, you can try some tricks or you can opt for certain third party apps to make your work easier.
Playing smart with WhatsApp, you can share the larger sized videos on WhatsApp as a doc from your Android devices. To do so, you need to:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android devices.
- Go the chats and click on the contact to whom you wish to send the video.
- Look for the attachment pin icon at the bottom. Click on it.
- This will lead to the documents on your device. Look for the Browse other docs option with the hamburger menu at the top. Click on it.
- Now, you will get the options to choose the required document. Again look for the hamburger menu and click on it.
- Among the plenty of options available, click on the videos.
- Choose the video that you wish to send and click on send and that’s it. You are done!
Still not working?
Wait! you can try another method. This method wants you to compress the video to reduce the size and then send it via WhatsApp. To reduce the size, you can try the third party apps or online sites.
That’s all for how to share larger files on WhatsApp.
Once this feature of file sharing limit is improvised on WhatsApp, it will become a more preferred application for users, especially those who need to send larger files often.
We hope you liked our post and it provided you with all the information that you were looking for.
Q. Why Can’t I Download Files On WhatsApp?
If you are not able to download a file from WhatsApp, then there might be an issue with your device’s storage. Make sure that your device or SD card has enough storage to keep the file you are downloading on WhatsApp. If the storage is full, you will need to free up some space and then try downloading it again.
Q. Why Is WhatsApp Web Not Attaching File?
There might be a problem while downloading the software. It has possibly not been downloaded properly. You need to try uninstalling and reinstalling the WhatsApp web on your desktop.
Q. What To Do When A File Is Not Supported On WhatsApp?
If WhatsApp shows that your file is not supported on their platform, then you will convert that file into a supported format. You can use third-party applications to change the file format so that you are able to use it.
Q. Why Can’t I Open A File Received On WhatsApp?
If you are unable to open the file you received on WhatsApp, first, make sure that you have downloaded the file. If so, then there might be chances that the file is not supported by any of the applications available on your device. Check the file format and install a suitable file on your device and then again try opening that file. If it still doesn’t work, then you may ask the sender to resend the file after converting it to an acceptable format.