After a major leak and lots of suspense Microsoft finally launched Windows 11 on 24 June 2021. Well, many Windows users have a complaint about the installation of Windows 11 on their System and the direct answer to them is, their system is not Compatible. Then what are the Windows 11 System Requirements? Let’s find the answer.
Although Microsoft has announced that all the Windows 10 users will get the Windows 11 update on their computer. But, this is not for all the users and the reason is the Windows 11 minimum system requirements. The requirements of Windows 11 are different from Windows 10. In the article below you will find out the major Windows 11 system requirements.
In the article on the “Windows 11 System Requirements”, you will be reading about the following things
- How To Check That Your System Is Compatible Windows 11
- Minimum Windows 11 System Requirements
- Feature Specific Windows 11 System Requirements
- TPM – Most Important Windows 11 System Requirements
Now, you are aware of what we are going to discuss in the article below. So, let’s not waste much of our time and start discussing.
Also Read, 7+ Best Features OF Windows 11
Windows 11 System Requirements
Further in the article, you will be reading about all the points we have mentioned above in detail. Let’s start with the first point.
How To Check That Your System Is Compatible Windows 11
Several apps in the market can check the compatibility of your system with the newly released Windows 11. But, we suggest you check the compatibility of the best in business. If you are looking forward to checking MICROSOFT Windows 11 compatibility then what would be better than an app that has been launched by Microsoft itself. The name of the app is “PC Health Checker”.
Well, talking about the app as I said it was launched by Microsoft for checking system compatibility with Windows 11. Here are the steps involved in downloading and using the PC Health Checker app.
- Go to the official Windows 11 website and scroll down to the section that says “Check The Compatibility”.
- In the section, you will find the option “Download App”. The app will start to download on your system.
- Now, go to the download section and double-click on the setup to install.
- Agree to the terms and press the install button. The PC Health Check app is installed.
- Now, open the app.
- You will find a “Check Now” option on the screen. Click on it.
- If your system is compatible then a message box will appear in front of you saying “The PC Can Run Windows 11”.
- If the system says that your system is not compatible with Windows 11 then your system has not met the minimum system requirements for Windows 11, these are given further in the article.
- The recent update of the PCHealth Checker app will show you what your PC lacks and you don’t have to cross-check your system’s specifications with the minimum PC requirements.
Minimum Windows 11 System Requirements
If we talk of the minimum Windows 11 requirements then it has changed a lot from Windows 10. Windows 11 requires a minimum of 1Ghz dual-core processor with at least 4 GB RAM. We have given a detailed windows 11 system requirement in the table below.
|Processor||1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)|
|Storage||At Least 64 GB required|
|System Firmware||UEFI, Secure Boot capable|
|Graphics Card||Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver|
|Display||High definition (720p) display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel|
|Internet Connection & Microsoft Account||To access some of the features of Microsoft Windows 11 you need to have internet connectivity. Some special features require a Microsoft account.|
Well, these are the minimum requirements that you ought to have in your PC to run Windows 11 on them.
Feature Specific Windows 11 System Requirements
We have talked about the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. Various other requirements won’t hinder the Windows 11 installation process but you require these to access the specific features of Windows 11.
|5G Support||5G Capable Modem|
|Auto HDR||HDR Monitor Screen|
|Bitlocker to go||USB Flash Drive|
|Client Hyper-V||Processor with second-level address translation (SLAT) capabilities|
|Cortana||Microphone and Speaker|
|DirectStorage||NVMe SSD to store and run games that use the “Standard NVM Express Controller” driver and a DirectX12 GPU with Shader Model 6.0 support.|
|DirectX 12 Ultimate||Game and Graphics chips|
|Presence||Sensor to detect Human distance|
|Intelligent Video Conferencing||Microphone, Camera, and Speaker|
|Snap||A screen that is 1920 effective pixels or greater in width.|
|Mute/Unmute from Taskbar||video camera, microphone, and speaker. The app must be compatible with the feature to enable global mute/unmute.|
|Spatial Sound||Supporting Hardware and Software|
|Teams||Microphone, Camera, and Speaker|
|Touch||A screen that supports multi-touch|
|Wake on Voice||Modern Standby power model and microphone|
|Wi-Fi 6E||WLAN IHV hardware and driver and a Wi-Fi 6E capable AP/router as|
|Windows Hello||A camera configured for near-infrared (IR) imaging or fingerprint reader for biometric authentication. Devices without biometric sensors can use Windows Hello with a PIN or portable Microsoft compatible security key|
|Windows Projection||Display adapter which supports Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 2.0 and a Wi-Fi adapter that supports Wi-Fi Direct.|
TPM – Most Important Windows 11 System Requirements
TPM is one of the most controversial Windows 11 system requirements. TPM stands for Trusted Platform Module and it helps in safekeeping the key’s encryption. There are several uses of the TPM in the processor but the major reason why Windows 11 is including TPM is the security from the Ransomware at the firmware level and the security against the Dictionary attackers.
You are required to have the TPM Version 2.0 on your system to install Windows 11. Well, if you wish to check the TPM version on your PC just type “tpm.msc” in the windows search box.
- For upgrading your Windows 10 to Windows 11 the minimum TPM Version required is TPM 2.0. Any version smaller than this would not let you install Windows 11.
- Intel has started integrating the TPM in its processors after the 8th Gen.
This was all about “Windows 11 System Requirements”. We hope you find this guide useful and before you install Windows 11 on your PC make sure you check all the minimum System requirements for Windows 11. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends, they might want to upgrade their Windows 10 to Windows 11.
Featured Image Source: Aluth