Google Hangouts is the best choice when it comes to professional meetings, and online conversations, as it’s easy to use and comes with so many user-friendly features! But sometimes, people may not be so user-friendly!! In that case, you may want to distance yourself from those users. If that’s the case, then we have got you covered. Find out how to block someone on Hangouts and enjoy a better Hangouts experience in this post!!
No doubt, Google has made our lives so much easier. Just one click and you get the information about anything and everything. Similarly, google apps play a major role in shaping our day-to-day work and informal needs!! Where these apps come with the feature to connect with different people, they also have a blocking feature to save you the heck spam!!
So, how to block someone on Hangouts such that they can’t find your profile ever again? Also, if you don’t want them to know that you have blocked them, there’s a way for that too. You can block people in Google Hangouts using your mobile (android and iOS), and with Hangouts web too!! Follow these step-by-step instructions mentioned below and get your work done!!
How To Block Someone On Hangouts?
Are you getting too many spam calls via hangouts, or is any member not behaving appropriately? It’s time to get rid of all the distractions. Simply block them!!
Here are the ways to block a user on Hangouts using your mobile, and hangouts web:
How To Block Someone On Google Hangouts On Mobile?
While 60-70% of the Hangouts users are found to be mobile users, this column is made specifically for them. Simply follow these step-by-step guides and block anyone on Hangouts without them knowing!!
1. Open the Hangouts app on your phone. Make sure you are connected to a good internet connection.
2. Open the conversation window in the App.
3. At the top right corner, you’ll find three dots. Click on it.
4. From the drop-down menu box, click on the “People” option.
5. Now the list of people will appear on your screen. From here you can select the person you wish to delete or block from hangouts.
6. Once you select the person, click on the “Block” option available at the bottom of the screen.
7. Confirm your action by clicking on “block” at the bottom right corner.
You may also be interested
Also, check out How To Block Someone On LinkedIn Without Letting Them Know?
How To Block Someone On Hangouts Web?
For desktop users using hangouts web to interact with people, here are the steps on how to block someone on Hangouts from your profile. Follow these instructions carefully!!
1. Connect your PC/ computer to a good internet connection. Open the “Hangouts web page” on your desktop screen and log in using your Google account.
2. This will redirect you to the conversations tab. From here, you can easily find the person you wish to remove or block from Hangouts.
3. In the conversation box with that person you’ll find the settings icon at the top right corner of the screen. Click on it.
4. From the drop-down menu box, click on the “block & report” option.
5. If the person you are blocking has been irritating you for a while with nonsense stuff, then don’t forget to mark the “also report” option that will flash on the screen next.
6. Give your confirmation for this action by clicking on “confirm” at the bottom of the screen.
Congrats!!! That person will no longer be able to find you on Hangouts!!
Things You Need To Know Before Blocking Anyone On Hangouts!!
Before you hit “block” anyone on Hangouts, You should be well aware of the things that will happen next!
1. To start with, when you block someone on Google Hangouts, you’ll not be able to receive messages and calls from that person anymore.
2. Not just that person but you’ll also not be able to call or text the blocked users.
3. Blocking someone on Hangouts will also block them on Google Chat, Google Photos, and Google Voice as well.
4. If in the future you change your mind and want to unblock someone from Hangouts, remember that it will unblock that person from other services as well!!
5. When using Google Hangouts group chat, you can mute the notifications of anyone by blocking them in group chat. This will not remove that user from the conversation, only you’ll not receive their notifications anymore as long as the group chat continues. Although, they will be able to see your messages in the chat. No one else will find out that you blocked someone in group chat!
6. A blocked user can join your group text chats but not the video group chats. If they try to join a group video chat, they’ll get notified that someone has blocked them.
How To Unblock Someone On Hangouts?
Okay, so you blocked someone accidentally on Hangouts? Not an issue, simply follow these steps and unblock them. Here’s how you can unblock a user on Hangouts using your computer:
1. Connect your laptop to a good internet connection. Open any web browser and launch Hangouts.
2. At the top left corner of the screen, you’ll find three slanting lines. Click on them.
3. Now click on the “settings” option.
4. From the drop-down menu, click on the “blocked people” option. This will bring up the list of all the blocked users.
5. Select the desired person whom you wish to unblock and click on “unblock” at the right side of their profile name.
Unblocking Someone On Hangouts From Mobile
The unblocking process is nearly the same for desktop and mobile users. Have a look at the steps to unblock someone on email hangouts using your phone!
1. Connect your phone to a good internet connection. Open the Hangouts App.
2. Tap the three slating lines present at the top left corner of the screen.
3. From the available options, click on the ‘settings” option. Also, you need to select the google account that you are using.
4. Now go to the “blocked contacts” option and search for the name you wish to unblock.
5. At the right side of their profile name, you’ll find the “unblock” option. Click on it to unblock that person.
For iPhone Users:
If you are using an iPad or an iPhone, you may need to follow a few extra steps:
1. Open the Hangouts app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. At the top left corner, click on three lines, just like you did in android and PC.
3. Click on the “Settings” option.
4. From the drop-down menu box, click on the ‘blocked people” option.
5. Find the person you want to unblock. Click on their profile.
6. Now, click on the “more” option on the screen.
7. Select the name of that person once again and click on “unblock”.
And it’s done!!!
How To Know If Someone Blocked You On Hangouts?
1. When you send a message to the person, your message will not be delivered to the person. Instead, you will get a message such as ” Message not delivered because the other person has blocked you.” The message could be anything like a text message, photo, video, links, more.
2. If you try calling the person on Google Hangouts, you will not be able to call the blocked person. You cannot even share the Google Meet Video call link to that person in the Hangouts.
3. The last way is adding the person to any social group. In case the person has blocked you. Then, you will be prohibited from adding the person to groups, circles.
These are the possible facts that you might have been blocked by someone on Hangouts!!
Don’t miss out on How To Block A Website On Chrome Without An Extension?
To Wrap Up:
Blocking is made way easy for google app users. You can’t avoid people in real-time but on Google Hangouts, you surely can!! You don’t need to argue or waste your time and energy over anyone. Just block them when you feel they are spoiling your Hangouts experience.
Now that you know how to block someone on Hangouts and how to unblock them, make sure you make the best use of this knowledge whenever needed. And, if you liked the information shared in this post, don’t forget to pass it further.
Stay tuned for more tips and hacks!! Until then hang out on Google Hangouts!!
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding How To Block Someone On Hangouts:
Q. When You Block Someone On Hangouts What Do They See?
When you block someone from your Hangouts, they’ll no longer have access to your Hangouts and other Google services. They’ll not find out that you blocked them, but they’ll be able to see your public activity on google. So, better take care!
Q. How Do You Remove Someone On Google Chat?
To remove someone on google chat follow these steps:
1. Open your PC/Laptop and search for “google talk” in the search bar.
2. Log in your ID and password to enter.
3. Search for the person you wish to remove and right-click his/her name.
4. Now click “remove”.
5. To confirm, click “Ok”.
Q. How To Block Someone On Hangouts On An iPhone?
1. Open the “Hangouts app”.
2. Open the conversation tap.
3. From the top right corner click on “more”.
4. Now click on “people.”
5. Select the user you wish to block.
6. Tap on ‘block user.’
Featured Image Credits: Business Insider.com