Do you clean the cache on your Mac device? Do you know how to clear cache on macOS Big Sur & Lower? What happens when you clean your cache? Well, if you think so, then, you must know that clearing cache has many benefits. It will help to improve the performance of your device as well.
Moreover, it will also help you with data privacy and security. But, even if you do not clean your cache very often, then you need not worry. You are not the only one. There are many people who do not clear their cache and are least bothered.
The cached data will make the loading faster and will also not be harmful. But, if you don’t clean your cache, then your computer will slow down. So, if you want to know how to clear cache on macOS big Sur & lower, then this post is just for you.
Here, we are going to discuss how to clear the cache on macOS big Sur and lower. The steps mentioned below are really easy and you will also know about the other details. Eager to know how to clear cache on Mac? Read this post to know about it.
What Is Cache?
Cache or the cached data are the temporary files that will get downloaded. These cached data will get stored on your computer from different apps and the browsers that you are using. By storing some specific files in the cache the computer will load these apps or the web pages really quickly.
Should You Clear Cache On macOS Big Sur & Lower?
The answer is a yes.
You need to clean the cache on your Mac often. Cleaning your cache will help you to load the web pages, apps, and other things. Here we have listed some of the reasons why you should clear your cache:
- When you clear the cache, then the apps will surely run more efficiently since they will have a new start altogether.
- There are many times that we use an app just a few times and that cache will get stored on the memory. That cache is not necessary and if you don’t use that app then it is better that you get rid of the cache.
- If you change your preferences regularly then you will surely not want a big amount of data on your macOS as it will interfere with your need preferences.
- You can even solve the issues that are related to the performance on your Mac by just clearing the cache on the Mac.
Also Read, How To Fix USB Accessories Disabled On Mac?
How To Clear Cache On MacOS Big Sur & Lower Using Shortcut Method?
If you want to know how to clear cache on macOS Big Sur & Lower, then here are some steps that you can use:
- Open the finder on your macOS.
- Now press the three keys together Shift + Command + G.
- In the search bar paste this path “/Library/Caches”. Now press the Go button.
- In the cache folder click together “Command + A”. in this way you will be able to choose all the contents on the folder.
- Then you have to press Command + Delete so that you can delete all the folders.
- Now you may be asked for the device password to delete the cache folder. If you get this pop up then you have to enter your password. After this, you can delete the contents that are available on the cache folder.’
How To Clear Cache On macOS Big Sur & Lower With Finder?
If you want to know how to clear cache on macOS big sur & lower using finder, then here are the steps that you have to follow:
- Close all the windows to see the finder menu on the menu bar.
- Now tap on the Go option. Next, you have to click on the option that says Go to folder.
- In the search bar, you have to paste this link “/Library/Caches”. Now press on the Go option.
- In the cache folder click on the Command + A keys together. Now you will be able to choose the contents that are in that folder.
- Next press on the Command + Delete option to delete all the folders.
So with the help of this post, you know how to clear cache on macOS big sur & lower. The steps are really easy to follow. Moreover, it is important that you delete the cache so that you can make your macOS faster and work without any hindrance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Safe To Delete Cache Files On macOS?
It is actually a good idea that you delete the unnecessary browser cache files on your Mac. If we talk about system and user caches then it is better that you delete the inactive cached files. But it is better that you delete those caches that you do not require anymore.
What Files Should Not Be Deleted On Mac?
You need to remember that you should not delete the cached files on the system till your system gets backed up. As this will affect the capacity of the programs that you launch.