When using Firestick TV, several customers have been reporting the emergence of a huge, white text box on the screen. It is obvious that the problem is with the Fire TV interface because the white box disappears when you go to the native TV interface. Most of the users are clueless about how to get rid of white box on Firestick.
On the Firestick, there is an accessibility feature called the “large white box.” The “Text Banner” is its official name. It is crucial for those who have vision problems, said Amazon. Additionally, persons with a restricted field of view should consider it. When activated, the banner is visible at the bottom of the display. The title of the presently selected object is shown, along with any relevant text. But, how to get rid of white box on Firestick?
To get rid of white box on Firestick hold down the play/pause button on the remote for one second to remove the white box off the Firestick. Or you can press the fast-forward and rewind keys simultaneously for about three seconds. Update the program and restart the firestick if that doesn’t work. Reset the factory settings as a final resort. Looking for details? Go through the article!
How to Get Rid Of White Box On Firestick
Here is the solution to get rid of white box on Firestick in two easy steps:
Step 1: Please press and hold the Pause and Back (Fast Backwards) buttons together as seen in the below image for around 5 seconds to resolve the issue. You can accomplish this by using the Fire TV Remote or the Fire TV app on your smartphone.
Step 2: The white home screen box should vanish from the TV screen once the buttons are released.
This is the solution in a nutshell. However, I assume you have to explore more to understand the issue. Let’s start with the basics:
Get Rid Of White Box On Firestick – What is this White Box?
While you are looking forward to get rid of white box on Firestick, the first thing you need to know – what is a “White Box” and why is it appearing on your screen? The text box is not a mistake, malfunction, or bug by itself. Although many users find its abrupt presence bothersome, it is actually a feature made with a particular objective in mind.
The huge, white text box, according to Amazon, is an accessibility feature that converts onscreen text into a condensed, legible banner to facilitate reading and control for those with visual issues. For those who have glaucoma, retinitis pigmentosa, or muscle degeneration, this is very important. Your location on the screen and the activities you are taking with the remote control are indicated by the white box.
As you can see, there is nothing wrong with your Fire TV if you see a white box and you might don’t need to think about how to get rid of white box on Firestick instead of looking for other solutions.
Why is White Box Appearing on My TV Screen?
Ready to get rid of white box on Firestick? But, do you know why the box is appearing? When they try to rewind a movie, many users see the enormous, white text bubble emerge, especially on streaming websites like YouTube. Others claim that the white text box appears when they attempt to fast-forward a video.
The problematic part of this is that we cannot be completely certain whether the white box appears as a consequence of carrying out these operations or as a result of accidentally pressing another key to access a shortcut that causes the white box to appear. The truth is that a lot of users see this problem when they try to fast-forward or rewind a video.
Also known to happen when you are just watching material on Fire TV and not using the remote control, is the huge, white text box. This is probably due to a Fire TV bug or other issues. The text box (or banner, as Amazon refers to it), however, does have a timing feature, and it is possible that it was triggered depending on the time settings.
How to Get Rid Of White Box On Firestick | 5 Easy Ways
Following are the five effective ways to get rid of white box on Firestick.
1. Turn Off the White Box in the Firestick settings
To get rid of the white box on Firestick the first thing you can do is to turn off the White Box from the Firestick setting. Here is how to do it:
- Hold down the rewind and fast-forward buttons for at least three seconds to turn off the big white box.
- The white box can be turned back on by pressing those buttons for another minimum of three seconds.
- With this method, you have a lower chance of accidentally turning on the “white box.”
- The Firestick settings allow you to accomplish the same result as well:
- Your remote’s home button should take you to the settings. Choose Accessibility
- Choose Text Banner
- The ‘Text Banner’ menu will appear after that. It should resemble the following:
- Text Banner should be selected till it says “OFF.”
- That’s all, then!
- When you’ve finished, the large white box, often known as the “Text Banner,” should have vanished.
- Let’s try restarting the device if you’re still having trouble get rid of white box on Firestick
2. Update the Firestick Software
Here is how to update Firestick software so that you can get rid of white box on Firestick:
- The software that powers Amazon’s Firestick and Fire TV gadgets is updated frequently.
- Your Firestick will often ask you to upgrade the firmware. As soon as a patch is made available, this occurs.
- Here’s how to manually update your Firestick if this doesn’t occur.
- Navigate to Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for Updates.
3. Unplug Your Firestick Device
Unplugging your Firestick Device may help you to get rid of white box on Firestick. Here is how to do it:
- When a device is reset, the software is erased from its existing state. This enables the software to restart from scratch.
- When the code is in a state where it cannot proceed, this is helpful.
- So, I would unplug the Firestick gadget entirely from the TV’s back as my initial action.
- The Firestick should also be unplugged from the main outlet at that point.
- Wait for a full 60 seconds once you’ve finished doing this.
- Please be patient.
- Any remaining charge in your Firestick and the adapter will be discharged when you have waited the entire 60 seconds.
- Check to see if the “Text Banner” vanishes by plugging everything back in and trying again after 60 seconds.
Hope, this step helped you to fix how to get rid of white box on Firestick. If not, move to the next step, which is resetting the factory defaults.
4. Reset to Factory Defaults
To restore your Firestick to its original settings, follow the steps below:
- Your remote’s home button should take you to the settings.
- Choosing My Fire TV.
- To reset to factory defaults, scroll down.
- The factory reset can then be carried out or aborted.
- The Firestick can also be restarted using the remote control.
- Press and hold the right navigation button and the Back button simultaneously for 10 seconds to accomplish this.
- Important: By doing this, the factory reset procedure will truly begin. You have around 20 seconds at this time to select the cancel or ok option.
- Within this window, if you don’t make a choice, the factory reset procedure will continue.
- You must start over with the setup of your Firestick after it has finished resetting. This includes – putting in your Wi-Fi details, establishing an Amazon account login, and obtaining your apps.
5. Contact Amazon Support
You must speak with Amazon customer service if you’ve done everything and nothing has worked to get rid of white box on Firestick. Alternatively, you can reach someone by calling 1-888-280-4331 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
At first, you’ll be speaking to a robot, but if you’re persistent, you’ll really reach a live person (a welcome difference in today’s world!). Check to see if the phone you’re using to call is the one that’s connected to your Amazon account.
This is because they will SMS you a verification code when they ask for it. Alternately, you may join the live conversation. After that, you can choose to call an employee or start a conversation with one.
Let’s hope you have successfully overcome the white box issue by permanently deleting it. Have you tried all the solutions I mentioned in this blog? Or got a Firestick trick other than enlisted here. Feel free to share your experience with us, let us know in the comment box – how did you get rid of white box on Firestick?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Why Is My Firestick Showing A White Screen?
Plug the Fire TV device back in after disconnecting it from the HDMI port. Replace your HDMI hub (not supplied) or cable with a new one if necessary. For 4K Ultra HD streaming, need a High-Speed HDMI cable (not included). The HDMI port that your Fire TV is plugged into must match the source or input button on your remote.
Q2: Why Does My TV Have A White Box On The Bottom?
As far as I can tell, your Fire TV’s screen is filled with white square boxes. Do these boxes have text displayed inside them for clarification? If so, your device’s accessibility feature is activated. Simply disable the text banner in accessibility to get rid of the text on your screen.
Q3: Why Is My Fire Stick Not Loading?
Defragment the Fire Stick. Try immediately emptying the cache on your Fire Stick if apps or content aren’t loading as they should. This advice can also be used to speed up a slow-moving Fire Stick. Reinstall the Fire Stick app after deleting it first.