Are you curious about what kind of music your friends prefer to listen to? Then you would want to see what people are listening to on Spotify, as this is a platform that most people use to listen to music or podcasts. We are here to tell you how to see what people are listening to on Spotify.
Spotify is a platform designed for streaming music. You get access to millions of songs and other content like podcasts and video services from creators across the globe. The wide variety of music in a single app makes it popular.
To see what people are listening to on Spotify, first, follow their Spotify account. Then you can go to your Spotify home page, and you will see their listening activity on the panel to the right side of your screen.
The music portrays a person’s feelings and emotions. Also, you can get a really good idea of an individual’s personality by finding out what kind of music they listen to. We, in this article, will explain in detail how you can see what people are listening to on Spotify.
Can You See What People Are Listening To On Spotify
Yes, Spotify allows you to see what people listen to on the app. It provides you with a few features for interaction and sharing. You can see the listening activity of the people you follow on Spotify.
How To Follow Someone On Spotify?
As said, to see what people are listening to on Spotify, you will first need to follow them on the platform. Not many people know this feature that Spotify provides, but now you know, so why not try it?
There are a few methods that you can try to find and follow a user on Spotify. Let us know how you can follow someone on Spotify.
1. Follow Someone On Spotify By Searching Their Username
We are here with a sequential guide on how to see what people are listening to on Spotify, in the article below. The first thing you can try to find someone on Spotify is by directly looking for their username in the search panel on the app.
- Launch the Spotify app on your device.
- On the top of the screen, tap on the search bar.
- Type the name of the person you want to follow on Spotify.
- A list will appear; you can scroll through it and find the user you are looking for.
- Tap on the user, and their profile will appear on the screen.
- Tap on the Follow button.
2. Follow Someone On Spotify Through The Profile Link
This method works in the mobile version of Spotify. Some people have complicated usernames on Spotify that are hard to find. In such cases, it is better that you ask them for their Spotify profile link and then follow them.
The profile link of a Spotify user is present in their account’s profile. They can tap on the three dots at the top right corner of their profile page and share their profile link.
When you get the profile link via text on any app, tap on it. Their Spotify profile will open, and from there, you can tap on the Follow button.
3. Follow Someone On Spotify Using Spotify Code
It is another method that you can use to follow someone on Spotify. This is also similar to the link-sharing method on Spotify.
When the other person goes to their Spotify account’s profile and taps on the three dots at the top right corner of the screen, there will be an option for the Spotify Code. The code will be displayed by tapping on it.
You can go to the search section of Spotify on your mobile, tap on the Camera icon present in the search bar, and scan the code that appeared on the other person’s screen and you will be directed to their Spotify profile, where you can follow them.
Now we will show you a guide on how to see what people are listening to on Spotify.
How To See What People Are Listening To On Spotify?
You will be able to see what someone is listening to on Spotify once you follow them. You should know that this feature is not available on the mobile version of Spotify, no matter whether you use an iOS or Android phone. We are here with a guide on How To See What People Are Listening To On Spotify
On your desktop, you can see what people are listening to on Spotify by following the methods provided below.
- Make sure you have followed the user on Spotify. If not, follow them first.
- Launch the Spotify app on your desktop.
- A panel will be on the right side of your screen where all your friends’ activities will show up.
- You can search for the user whose activity you want to check on Spotify and see what they are currently listening to.
- If they are not active on Spotify, you will see what they listened to on Spotify the last time they were active on the app.
How To Share What You Are Listening To On Spotify?
After having understood, How To See What People Are Listening To On Spotify, we will thus learn about how to share what you are listening to on Spotify. Sometimes, you may also want to share what you are listening to on Spotify with your friends. You can then make your Spotify activity visible to them. Here are the steps that you can follow to do the purpose.
- Launch the Spotify app on your device and log in to your account.
- Go to the home screen of Spotify on your account.
- At the top right corner of the screen, you will see the gear icon. Click on it, and the Settings menu will open.
- Scroll down through the menu and find the Social section.
- You can turn on the toggle next to the “Listening Activity.”
Once you do this, your friends will be able to see what you are listening to on Spotify. You can turn it off whenever you want, and no one will be able to find what you are listening to on the platform.
Now you know how to view what someone is listening to on Spotify. So, check what kind of music your friends prefer and identify their taste in music. We hope this article on How To See What People Are Listening To On Spotify helped you. Share this with your friends who use Spotify, and to read similar articles to the apps you use, you can visit our website Deasilex.