Instagram, as one of the major social networking channels, has been making various new updates and introducing many new features for its users. One such new feature that is welcomed by all Instagram users is the ‘vanishing mode’. Apple users, are you wondering how to turn on vanish mode in Instagram for iOS? Read on.
Facebook introduced this new feature in the Messenger, in 2020. Since then, people have been showing keen interest in using this feature. Especially because this new update to the app enhances the privacy of its users.
Imagine that you are planning a surprise party for one of your friends, and want to send photos, videos and messages regarding the event. How do you do so, when you know that your friend will most certainly snoop your phone? Is there any way of planning the event without having to delete a lot of messages or entire conversations? Yes, there is.
You can make use of the vanish mode in Instagram. The vanish mode in Instagram will automatically delete the message as soon as the receiver sees it. So, are you wondering how to turn on vanish mode in Instagram for iOS?
Open Instagram > Click DM icon > Open the chat > Swipe up > Turn on.
Vanish Mode In Instagram For iOS
The vanish mode in Instagram is quite similar to the ‘self-erasing’ media and messages in Snapchat. You should note that the messages, photos or videos that you send using the vanish mode will disappear without a trace. That is, it will not be backed up in Instagram archives or cache. So keep this in mind before you turn on the vanish mode.
Vanish mode is ‘turned off’ by default in the app. So if you wish to use the vanish mode in Instagram, you have to do it manually.
Step 1 – Open Instagram > Click on the DM icon in the top right corner of the page.
Step 2 – Open an existing chat or click on ‘+’ icon in the top right corner of the page to open a new chat.
Step 3 – Swipe up from the bottom of the screen > Click ‘turn on’.
You have successfully turned on the vanish mode in Instagram for iOS. You will notice that your screen has turned black from the usual white background. You will also get a notification that ‘you turned on vanish mode’. You may also see some ‘shush’ emojis across your chat window. You can also notice a dotted circle near the contact’s name on the chat list, for whom you have enabled the vanishing mode.
What To Keep In Mind Before You Turn On Vanish Mode In Instagram For iOS?
You should remember a few things before you start using the vanish mode in Instagram for iOS.
1. Remember that if you want to enter a chat with a person, he should be using Instagram too. Vanish mode is possible only if both the parties communicate through Instagram messenger.
2. Keep in mind that the person you start the chat with, using the vanish mode in Instagram, will also be notified. His screen will also turn black like yours.
3. Vanish mode in Instagram works only in one-on-one chats. It cannot be used to make the content disappear in group messages. If you wish to send sensitive contents to more than one person, you will have to do it separately.
4. If the receiver decides to take a screenshot of the contents you sent while using the vanish mode in Instagram, do not worry. Instagram will notify you, if a screen shot of your messages, photos or videos, sent using vanish mode is taken.
How To Turn Off Vanish Mode In Instagram For iOS?
After you are done sharing sensitive contents using the vanish mode, you should turn it off manually. You can turn off vanish mode in Instagram for iOS by the following steps.
Step 1 – Open the chat where you had enabled vanish mode.
Step 2 – Swipe up > turn off Vanish Mode
Step 3 – You will get the notification ‘Release to turn off vanish mode’. > click on it.
Step 4 – The screen will now turn to normal from black.
When the screen turns back to normal you can start using Instagram as usual. If you wish to make avail of the vanish mode, make sure that you turn it back on, manually.
With the vast growth in telecommunications, people are becoming dependent on the internet and the various social networking platform for easy communication. It is good to know that these mega social networking applications are being ethical, and try to protect the privacy of its users.
When these mega networking giants are being responsible and provide features such as the vanish mode, it is our duty as the user to make use of these available features and protect our right to privacy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How To Turn On Vanish Mode In Instagram For Android?
The vanish mode is turned off by default in all Instagram accounts. To turn on the vanish mode in Instagram for android device users, you can do the following steps:
1. Open Instagram > click on DM icon in the top right corner of the page.
2. Open an existing chat or click on ‘+’ icon in the top right corner of the page to open a new chat.
3. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen > click ‘turn on’.
You will notice that the screen turns to black mode. The user you wish to share contents using vanish mode will also be notified with a black screen.
Q : How To Turn Off Vanish Mode In Instagram For Android?
You can turn off the vanish mode in Instagram by the following steps:
1. Open the chat where you had enabled vanish mode.
2. Swipe up > turn off Vanish Mode
3. You will get the notification ‘Release to turn off vanish mode’. > click on it.
4. The screen will now turn to normal from black.
Q : Can I Know If Someone Takes A Screenshot Of Contents Shared Using Vanish Mode?
Yes, Instagram will notify you if someone takes a snapshot of the messages, photos or videos you have shared using the vanish mode.
Q : Can I Recover The Contents I Have Shared In Vanish Mode On Instagram?
No. You will not be able to recover the messages, photos or videos that you have shared using the vanish mode. You will not be able to recover the contents from data recovery or archive in Instagram.