Just like other social media apps that are made to get more data about used by Google, YouTube history is also used to get more information about you. YouTube will show you endless content just to keep you interested. If you have time to watch a rabbit go down a hole or cute babies for hours, then that is fine. But do you know you need to delete your YouTube history? Do you know why you should delete your YouTube history often?
Suppose you searched for something on YouTube that you want to keep private but now you are getting a lot of comments related to that topic. Or could be that you watched a video for work or school and now YouTube is showing you the content that is related to those boring topics. That is not what you want on YouTube.
Today online privacy has become a big concern. Due to this reason, there are different services that add features where the users can speak about their privacy concerns. If you too are a YouTube user, the main concern is your YouTube history. This is the reason why you should delete your YouTube history often.
It’s because your YouTube history can tell the marketers and the third parties many things about you which you obviously don’t want them to know for obvious reasons. So now let’s jump-start know why you should delete your YouTube history often.
Why You Should Delete Your YouTube History Often?
There are many reasons why you should delete your YouTube history from your devices. Here we have discussed some of the common reasons why it is necessary to delete your YouTube history.
- Minimizing the collection of data: Google takes a huge amount of user data. Many of these data come from YouTube. The videos that you watch on YouTube, the ads you see the music you listen to all these will help the company to make a user profile about you. Hence they, in turn, can target with all the tailored ads, etc. so when you delete your YouTube history it will help to reduce the data that YouTube and Google collects about you.
- Hiding your content: at times, you may watch videos that you don’t want them to see it. These can include the music you are embarrassed to listen to, any adult content, or reviews of the product that you want to but for someone. If you give your device to someone then there are chances that they might unintentionally see your search history which can put you In awkward situations. Isn’t it?
- Refresh your recommendations: we can say that the best feature of YouTube is that it has the ability to recommend the videos on the basis of the videos that you watched previously. But if you watch unusual content then your recommendation will be affected. You can even reset your recommendation if you delete your YouTube history.
Also, check out How To Use Hashtags And Descriptions For YouTube Channel!
How To Delete Youtube History On Desktop?
You can watch YouTube on different platforms like your mobile device or desktop. These platform’s in turn collects many different kinds of data history. Here are some steps that you can use to delete YouTube history on your desktop.
Deleting YouTube Watch History
The YouTube watch history will include all the videos that you have watched.
- Firstly go to the website of YouTube
- Click on the three lines at the upper left-hand side corner of the screen to expand the side menu if its closed
- Now tap on history
- you will be able to see your search history
- now you can delete the videos individually by clicking the X sign that appears on the screen
- to delete your full search history you need to tap on the clear all watch history option. You will fund this option in the right corner of the screen
- you can even pause the YouTube watch history to avoid getting any new videos being added to it.
Deleting YouTube Search History
When you delete your watch history it will reset your recommendation. But what if you want to keep the recommendations? But you don’t want others to see your searches. Well in this case you can just delete your search history.
- Go to search history
- You can either tap on the search history where you will see all the search terms
- Or you can individually delete the search history by tapping on the X option
- You can even delete your full search history by just tapping in clear all search history
- You can even pause your search history to avoid new searches getting saved.
Have a look at 4 Quick and Easy Tips to Create Killer Thumbnail Images for YouTube!
Deleting YouTube Comment History
- Go to the YouTube site
- Now click on the history option
- Tap on the comments tab. You will see this tab at the right-hand side of your screen
- Now you can delete the history when the three dots are apart just tap on the delete
How To Delete YouTube History On Mobile?
With the help of YouTube, you can watch the videos on your mobile devices as well. You can even use the Google login on your mobile device just as you do for desktop. You can see your YouTube history from there
Deleing The App Histories On Mobile
Deleting the history on the YouTube app is not simple as it is on the desktop. Here are some of the steps that you need to follow:
- Open your YouTube app on the mobile device
- Click on your profile icon
- Choose settings options
- Click on history and privacy
- Now select the history type that you want you to delete or pause both your search and pause history.
Turn On Incognito Mode
If you don’t want YouTube to collect your data then you can turn on your incognito mode.
- Open the YouTube app
- Click on your profile
- Now choose turn on the incognito option.
Also, read Can You Post Links In YouTube Comments? Everything About Links In YouTube Comments!
So in this blog, we discuss why you should delete your YouTube history often. You also have guided steps that you need to follow to delete or pause your search or watch history. Do let us know whether this blog helped you or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Automatically Delete Your Search And Watch History On The Desktop?
You can after some time delete your YouTube search and watch history automatically.
- Go to Google account on your desktop
- Now on the left panel tap on data and personalization
- Net under the activity control tab you need to press YouTube history
- Now click on auto-delete
- Next, you need to tap on the auto delete time frames that you want
- Click net and then confirm on save your auto delete activity
- Press on Confirm option from the pop-up
Can The Wi-Fi Owners See Your YouTube Searches?
The answer is yes. The Wi-Fi owners can see your YouTube searches. When you are on the public network, the Wi-Fi owner can watch your activities. They will also be able to see the videos that you watched.