Discord today has become a very popular app. It helps to communicate with each other and create a close-knit community. At times things may go unplanned like could be the members on some channels can have a conversation without any point. Such a situation does become annoying. Simply clear out call logs on Discord and move ahead. Learn How Can You Delete Chats In Discord below!
Getting the ability to get rid of your Discord chats is perhaps one of the popularly requested features of Discord. This is mainly because just like any other social media app where you can delete the chats easily, Discord does not allow you to choose many messages all at once and delete them. However, these chats do not even disappear after a few days.
The question is, can you delete chats in Discord? Though there are not easy steps to delete chats in Discord, however, the platform does have some ways by which you can clear chats on Discord either on a server or with an individual. You can either delete chats manually or you can use the bot to help. However, if these two options don’t work then you can clone your channel and shut down your old channel.
After all, storing so many unwanted messages is really not feasible for apps. However, Discord from the very beginning has enabled storing many messages in your blog. Though this feature is a blessing to some however to some this has become a nightmare. This is especially in cases where you have earlier shared some personal details in the Discord server which now has taken a turn for worse.
Different Ways To Delete Chats In Discord
However, before we answer your question on how can you delete chats in Discord, it is important that you know about the different types of Discord messages. In this way, you will have a clear idea of how to delete such types of chats.
Types Of Discord Chats
In Discord, you will get to see two types of messages. These are namely Channel and Direct in Discord messages. Let’s get to know about the differences between the two.
Direct messages are the ones that you send in a channel or to a particular group while the channel messages are those that you send in a channel or to a particular group.
However, both these types of messages obey different functions and rules. When the Discord community was created then it had the option where you could delete messages in bulk. But this was changed within a short span of time as mass deleting directly affected the app’s database. It is from that time that this server has embraced some rules regarding the deletion of messages.
While you understand different types of Discord chats, here are 9 Super Cool Discord Easter Eggs That You Shouldn’t Miss On!! You can enjoy a better experience on Discord using these Discord Easter Eggs features.
How Can You Delete Direct Chats In Discord?
Before we discuss how to delete direct chats in Discord, one thing that needs to remember is that the Discord server does not allow you to delete direct messages. So if you don’t want to see messages of a specific friend then you can remove the chat copy. In this way, the chat will temporarily disappear from messages. However, this will still be visible in the recipient’s chats. So if that friend contacts again that message will show. Here are some steps that you can follow to delete the local copy of chats in the Discord server.
- On your desktop open the Discord app. Then go to the chat panel of the person whom you messaged directly.
- Next click on messages on the left side. Then on the top left side of the screen tap on the direct message option.
- Next, choose the message that you want to delete. Then tap on 3 dots to tap on the delete message option. In this way, you can delete the message from your end.
However, if you want to delete chats from Discord from Android and IOS then here are some of the steps that you need to follow:
- On your mobile phone Open the Discord application.
- Look for the chat that you want to delete.
- Next, click and hold the message and then you will see a list
- Click on the delete option from that list.
- By clicking on delete again you can Confirm your decision.
- Your messages are deleted.
Want to start a new Discord community using a fresh server? You can easily do that. Just delete your existing server and get started with a new one. Learn How To Delete A Discord Server: 8 Simple Steps And Its Done!
Ways To Delete Channel Messages In The Discord Server
This is perhaps the most successful and easy to delete the chats in the Discord server. Here are some of the steps that you need to follow.
- Go to your chats panel that you want to delete
- Tap on the message that you want to delete
- On the right side of the screen, You will see a three-dot icon
- Tap on that icon and you will see a pop-up menu
- Select the delete option on the pop-up menu
- You will get a prompt to confirm your deletion and then click on the delete button
- In this way, you will delete your message.
How To Delete Chats With Discord Clear Message Bot
Before we proceed you need to remember that Discord has changed its policy regarding the bots. These include discouraging the use of deleting methods to flagging them as a violation of the terms. If you use bots then there is a risk that you will be terminated from the app as well. So it is suggested that you avoid adopting this method. However, if you still choose to go forward with this method then use it with caution.
Moreover many users after using self bots report that it does not lead to any disciplinary action from Discord. So you can say that using this method is not harmful troublesome. All bots of the Discord server are tracked through its Develop portal as it needs to be tracked. The self bots run on Discord API token and can avoid this rule which allows the access. The requests of API. This in turn automates many tasks like deleting messages.
Moreover, Discord API supports a request called POTS which lets bots delete messages. However, it will delete messages that are less than 14 days old. However, the messages that are older than 14 days will be queued and deleted one by one. Likewise, one such particular bot is MEE6. This is used to control setup, controlling moderation managing music and this also includes deleting chats in Discord all at once. Lest check out the steps that you need to follow:
- Go to the official website of MEE6. Click on add to discard
- You will be reminded to authorize the MEE6 bot. this is done so that the bot can get access to your username and get to know what server you are in.
- To add the bot choose the server. Next, you need to set up in order to connect MEE6 to the Discord server
- Tap authorize again to add bot to your Discord server soon
- Next to enable MEE6 to delete the chats you need to first enable the moderator plugin. Under plugin Tap the moderator option and click on yes
- You now can go to the server in your Discord and type (!clear @user). In this way, you can delete all the messages that the mentioned user sent you.
- However, if you want to delete 100 messages in Discord then you need to type (!clear 100). In this way, you can even replace 100 with any number you want. But MEE6 cannot delete chats that are past 2 weeks.
So the above stated are some of the ways how can you delete chats in Discord. Though we have listed some of the options by which you can delete a message you cannot be sure that the other person has taken a screenshot of the chat before you delete it. Something’s on the internet tends to get worse with days. So just to be on the safe side it is always better that you take your time to decide what you write before you send it to avoid any kinds of regrets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You View Deleted Messages?
However, there is no way by which you can view the deleted messages in Discord. Though the admins of channels and servers can see whether a message was deleted or not, however, they cannot see the contents of the deleted messages.
Can You Remove Someone From The Discord Server?
If you are an administrator then there may be times when you need to ban someone who continuously from the Discord standards. If you visit the profile of the violator then you can tap on the option and you can block that person.