The best part about Virtual Reality is that you get to be the person you desire. Today you are Adam and tomorrow you can become Neal. Yeah, it’s that easy to change the name in the VRChat. Well, if you are still confused and finding it difficult then here is a guide on “how to change your name in VRChat”, which will help you out.
VRChat offers an endless collection of social VR experiences by giving the power of creation to its community. Whether you’re looking for new VR experiences or have an idea of your own, VRChat is the place to be. VRChat is one of the best VR games you should try out. Making changes to your profile is really easy in VRChat.
We will be guiding you through the process of how to change your name in VRChat. If you are using Oculus VR headsets, then we will also guide you on how to change your name in VRChat directly from your headset. So, without wasting your time, let’s start.
Features Of VR Chat
1. Full Body Avatars
Avatars with lip sync, eye tracking/blinking, and complete range of motion.
2. Express Yourself
Express yourself with hand gestures, emotes, and emojis.
3. 3D Spatialized Audio
Our 3-D spatialized audio helps you hear the conversations important to you.
4. Play Games
Play Capture the Flag, Battle Discs, and games built by our community.
5. Fun Things To Do
Chat, collaborate, draw, sculpt, and more with your friends.
6. Avatar Creation
Create your own avatars and worlds with our Unity SDK.
7. Explore Worlds
Explore hundreds of worlds created by other community members.
8. Weekly Events
Get involved with official and community events.
9. Build Friendships
You never know if the next avatar you will meet will turn out to be your next best friend.
How To Change Your Name In VRChat?
Your username is the name that depicts you in the game. It is the same name that you used when you initially joined up for the VRChat sessions. Your username is the same name that other players see when looking at your avatar. If you want to change your username, you can do it easily. However, remember that you can only change your username once every 90 days.
Here are the steps to be followed on how to change your name in VRChat:
- Go to the VRChat homepage, and then enter your login credentials.
- Log into your official VRChat account.
- Click the “Profile” button, which displays your name, avatar thumbnail, and status.
- This window allows you to change your account information, including your display name.
- Input your password and click on Change Display Name.
You should use between 4 and 15 characters for the display name. It cannot be identical to someone else’s username, display name, or nickname. This will not change your display name. Your username to log in to the game will remain the same.
Consider these important community guidelines when changing your display name. It cannot contain offensive or rude language, and it can’t be impersonating other users. It may be necessary to alter names that violate the Terms of Service or Community Guidelines.
Remember that the display name cannot be changed more than once every three months. This limit cannot be overridden, so choose a name carefully.
How To Change Your Name In Oculus VRChat?
If you are using an Oculus VR headset, you may also change your VRChat display name. The procedure is the same:
- Go to the VRChat site and enter your username and password.
- To show your avatar thumbnail, status, and name, click the “Profile” button. Your display name and other account details are now visible.
- Enter and re-enter a distinct display name.
- Save your modifications and play a new game to put the name to the test.
Oculus allows you to modify your username. Once you do so, the name will be publicly visible and available on all Oculus devices. You can change your username once every six months or every half year.
To update your Oculus username, follow these steps:
- Open your browser and navigate to secure.oculus.com.
- Enter your log-in information.
- In the left area of your screen, click the “Profile” window.
- Go to the “Username” window.
- Select “Edit” from the drop-down menu.
- Fill up the blanks with your new username and password.
- You’re done when you click the “Save” and “Confirm” buttons.
How Do I Modify My Email Address In VRChat?
If you want to change your linked email address in VRChat, it is very easy to do it. Here are the steps to be followed to modify your email address.
- Go to VRChat.
- Select Login. Enter your Username and Password here.
- Click the Login button.
- On the left side of the screen, select Profile. Unless you log in from a new location, you do not need to be confirmed to use the website.
- Enter your new email address in the Email blank box and click Change Email.
- It’s a really simple procedure to update your email address in VRChat, and I believe you’ve done it flawlessly.
Let’s conclude our post here. We have taken you step-by-step on how to change your name in VRChat. We have also discussed how to change your name if you are using an Oculus VR headset. And at last, we have gone through how to modify email addresses in VRChat.
Keep exploring our website to know more about VRChat
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How Do I Start VRChat?
Getting into and playing VRChat is easy! Simply put, install the application on the platform of your choice and hop in. There’s an in-app tutorial that will guide you through the basics of controls, interacting with the world, and using the UI.
Q. Is VRChat Free?
VRChat is a free-to-play multiplayer online social game created by Graham Gaylor and Jesse Joudrey for PC (Windows). VRChat makes it easy for anyone to create and explore virtual reality together whether wearing a VR set or not.
Q. How Can I Play VRChat On My Computer?
You can play in “Desktop Mode”, which lets you use a mouse, keyboard, and monitor. It controls like many first-person games. If you are playing VRChat on Steam, launch the application and click “Launch in Desktop (Non-VR) mode”.