Do you love playing Minecraft? Do you know even after so many years Minecraft has not been developed for Google Chrome OS? But there is nothing to worry about coz Chrome OS supports Android and Linux. So, this means that you will be able to download Minecraft on your Chromebook without any issues. But do you know how to install Minecraft on Chromebook?
Minecraft is no doubt a very popular platform where you can easily play your favorite games. Well, after the release of Minecraft it gave birth to a new kind of gaming genre which is called the sandbox games. Here players can create, destroy, and modify their environment. And today you can play many sandbox games such as Minecraft.
So, if you have been wanting to know how to install Minecraft on Chromebook, then you have come to the right place. The steps are really easy to follow. First, open settings page > turn on Google Play Store > open play store > search Minecraft > install the game….
Well, there are a few more steps included which we have discussed below. And to install Minecraft on Chromebook then you will have to follow the steps carefully. So, let’s not waste any more time and quickly get started.
How To Install Minecraft On Chromebook: Education Edition
Minecraft has introduced the education edition for Chromebook users, so that they can promote collaboration, creativity, and problem-solving skills. The game is specially made for those who want to play Minecraft on their Chromebooks. But this game is aimed at students who want to play Minecraft on their Chromebooks. But this game is available on the play store as the Android app, so you need to contact your school administrator so that you can enable it from their side. Here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- First, open the settings page and then turn on the Google Play Store. This will allow you to use the play store on your Chromebook and also to install the Android apps.
- Now, open the play store and search for Minecraft: education edition and then, install the game.
- Remember that students gave 10 free logins. After this, you will have to buy the subscription. You need to use your school account to log in to Minecraft.
How To Install Minecraft On Chromebook: Java Edition (Linux Support Required)
You can even install and play the latest Minecraft 1.19 on your Chromebook. Minecraft 1.19 on your intel-based Chromebook. You need to have Linux support on your Chromebook to install and also to play the Minecraft 1.19 update. Here’s how you can do it:
- Ensure that you have set up the Linux on your Chromebook.
- Open settings and then click on the advanced option which you will find in the left pane to expand the menu. Now, click on the developer option. If the Chromebook has been issued by the school and you see that the developer menu is not available then you need to contact your school administrator.
- In the developer’s menu tap on the turn on option which is next to the Linux development environment (beta) section.
- When you have installed the Linux open it. To open the Linux terminal, you have to click on the search key on the keyboard and type terminal, and then open it. You can even open the app drawer and search for Linux apps. Here you will find the terminal option.
- Now, run this command, (sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y) this will update your Linux to the latest build.
- After you have updated the Linux build download the Minecraft.deb file (Debian/Ubuntu) from the official website. Now, move the file to the Linux files section inside the files app.
- Next, you have to double click on the file that you have downloaded and then, click on the install button. In just a few minutes Minecraft will get installed on your Chromebook.
How To Play Minecraft On Chromebook?
Now, that you know how to install Minecraft on Chromebook, let’s discuss how you can play Minecraft on your Chromebook. Here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- To play Minecraft you need to click on the search key on the keyboard and look for Minecraft. Now, open the Minecraft launcher and you can even navigate to Linux apps in the app drawer and then open Minecraft launcher.
- Now, log in with your Mojang or Microsoft account.
- Next, you have to click on the play demo option which you will find at the bottom of the screen. And the latest release will start to get downloaded and install the update itself.
- Once the installation is complete the app will close and will open up automatically. If this does not happen then you have to open the Minecraft launcher from the app drawer manually.
- Your minecart will open on your Chromebook and you can play it. Just click on play demo work and start to play the game.
- This game will run smoothly if you use WASD key controls and the mouse sensitivity is also good. Moreover, if you want to adjust the sensitivity go to the options and mouse settings option. Now, change the sensitivity to hyper speed. You will be able to play Minecraft on Chromebook without any issues.
- Besides this make sure that you have enabled the below flag to lock the mouse pointer while you play Minecraft on Chromebook. Copy and paste it into the address bar of the Chrome browser and then click the enter button. Just enter it from the drop-down menu and then restart your Chromebook.
So, this is how to install Minecraft on Chromebook. The steps are really easy to follow and you can even play easily with the help of the guide. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How To Play Classic Minecraft On School-Issued Chromebooks?
To play the classic Minecraft on school-issued Chromebooks then here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- Open classic.minecarft.net in the Chrome browser and then click on the enter button. You will see you can share the link with your friends so that you can start the multiplayer mode. or if you want you can even start the game on your own.
- Here you will find a little snippet of the Minecraft classic gameplay on Chrome OS.
Q. Is Minecraft Laggy On Chromebook?
Well, this depends on the kind of Chromebook that you have but most the Chromebooks can play Minecraft at 30 FPS at an acceptable resolution.