Who said that you need to have the proper coding experience for being a game developer. All you need is the innovative mind and the Sandbox platform. Yeah, you got it correct you can be a game developer in the Sandbox, and in this post, we will tell you how to make a game in the Sandbox.
The Sandbox (Sand) is a Metaverse game owned by SoftBank, that lets the users buy and sell virtual property on its platform. The announcement of the VR universe by Facebook has given the popularity of the game a boast. You can buy virtual land, purchase property, trade, and earn money on the Sandbox platform by monetizing the games created by you.
The major question here arises how to create a game in the Sandbox? Is there any third-party tool required to do so? If yes then is it free? We know that there are several questions running in your head right now. So, let us start with your queries one by one.
How To Make A Game In The Sandbox?
Metaverse gaming is the perfect way to redirect users towards your land. So, if you are here looking for a guide on how to create a game in The Sandbox metaverse. Then let us tell you that you would be requiring another application to do it.
No, it is not a third-party application; the tool is provided by the Sandbox itself, and the creators are using it to make their own games and monetize it to earn money in the Metaverse.
Well, you must be eager to know about the name of the tool used to make the Sandbox game. So let us end the wait, the name of the tool is “Game Maker”. What exactly is Game Maker and how to use it? Let’s find out.
What Is a Game Maker?
Game Maker is a tool published by The Sandbox platform that allows users to create their own games that they can monetize on the Sandbox platform. The tool provides you with various options through which you can insert the digital assets and the themes to make a game in the Sandbox metaverse.
We know you might be having a lot of doubts in your head now. Let’s get them cleared one by one.
Do You Need Land To Create A Game In The Sandbox
Well, you do not need to purchase the Land to create a game in the Sandbox metaverse. But, you need a piece of land to publish the game on the sandbox platform.
We know you might be thinking about how to buy the land in Sandbox. Well, you can either purchase the land from the Sandbox or OpenSea or you can also get the land for rent to get your game published.
Do You Need To Have Coding Knowledge To Make A Game In The Sandbox?
As we said, the Game Maker allows the creators to import the assets and create their own gameplay. It also provides the creators with the various tools that help them to develop the game.
Coming to the question, No, you do not need to have the coding knowledge for creating the game in the Sandbox.
How To Get The Assets For Creating The Game In The Sandbox
There are three major ways to get the assets in the Game Maker while designing the game. We have listed all of them below.
- You can create your own digital asset and then later on import it to the Game maker.
- You can buy the assets from the Sandbox marketplace.
- You can also collaborate with the voxel editors who will design the assets for you.
How To Get Players Visit Your Game In The Sandbox Metaverse
You need to be creative here and find out the ways to advertise your game. We have mentioned a few methods to do so below.
- Advertise the game on your social media handle.
- You can ask game streamers to stream your game.
- You can host the contests in your game room and give away a part of the entry fee as the prize money.
How To Download The Game Maker To Create An NFT In The Sandbox
If you want to create a game in The Sandbox then you obviously need to download the Game Maker tool. Well, you can easily find and download this tool from the official “The Sandbox” website. It is free to download and use.
Worry not, we have mentioned the proper steps to be followed to download the Game Maker from the website. But, before that, you need to make an account on the Sandbox platform.
- Go to The Sandbox login page, on the login page navigate to the “Sign In” option and click on it. You will find it in the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, you need to have a crypto wallet that you will attach to your account. To make you understand the steps clearly we will take the example of the Arkane Crypto Wallet.
- On the Sign-in page, you will find the various social media accounts to make your selection.
- You can choose from your Facebook, Twitter, or Gmail account to sign it.
- You will be asked for the password. Sign up using the password and you have connected your crypto wallet with your account.
After you have created your account on The Sandbox platform. You are all set to download the Game Maker application on your device to do so follow the steps given below.
- Open The Sandbox account.
- Now, navigate to the “Create” option, you will find it on the left toolbar on the screen.
- Click on it.
- This will take you to another page on the website.
- Scroll down a bit and find the option that says “Game Maker”, click on it.
- Scroll a bit more and you will find the option “Download”.
- Click on the button and the tool is downloaded to your device.
How To Make Your Own Game In Sandbox?
We hope now you are clear with all the queries about the Game Maker tool. You can easily download this tool from the Sandbox official website. Open the application you will find various options to create a game in the Sandbox. We have mentioned a few of these features below for better understanding.
When you begin to design the game in Sandbox Game maker, the tool will ask you if you want to begin from scratch or want some pre-loaded templates that already have the assets loaded in them. You can choose according to your wish.
This is the most important step while making the game in the Sandbox metaverse. You need to choose from the three land sizes available 1X1, 1X2, and 2X2. You have to choose wisely as too empty much space may look bad and the user experience may get hampered.
This feature allows the creator to build the game from scratch. He can use the themes from the Lake, Desert, Nether, Meadow, Antarctica, and Jungle Islands. The theme selection option is available on the top left corner of the screen. It is represented by the “Create +” option.
Templates are the preloaded frames of the games that already have the preloaded assets present on them. You will also find the preloaded themes in the templates. You just need to import them and start making your game in the Sandbox.
Some Of The Gameplay Elements are
- Rules & Objectives
- Enemies & Mobs
- Doors & Switches
We hope that our guide on how to make a game in the Sandbox has cleared all your queries and now you are able to design your own game. Well, you only need to keep a few things in mind that you need to download the Game Maker from the official Sandbox website. The Game Maker is free to download and use.
So, what are you waiting for? Download the tool and start making the game to earn money from the Sandbox Metaverse.