Do you love playing Xbox One? Do you think Does Xbox One Play Blu-Ray? There are many consoles that you will find in the gaming system that has the ability to play Blu-ray disc and DVDs. But you need to remember that any disc that you play on the console should be of the same region where your console belongs.
Though Xbox One is a cool console with which you can play many games. But, how about you want to watch your favorite TV shows or movies? Yes, you can easily subscribe and watch and download the Apps for Twitch, YouTube, Netflix. But how about you want to try something old school?
Do you want to watch your favorite shows on Blu-ray discs or DVD? Do you want to play games and watch your favorite shows on Blu-ray discs? But the question is, does Xbox One Play Blu-Ray? Well, if you have these questions in your mind, then let me assure you that you have come to the right place.
In this post, we are going to discuss whether or not Xbox One can play Blu-ray. The steps given below are really easy. With this, you can easily play and watch your favorite shows on Blu-ray. So, let’s quickly get started without wasting any more time.
Does Xbox One Play Blu-Ray?
So, does Xbox One Play Blu-Ray?
Well, the answer is a yes.
Xbox One is an integrated Blu-ray drive. This drive is able to play the game disc, DVDs, home videos, and Blu-rays at the same time. The Xbox One S and Xbox One X that has been recently released can also support the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray movies. Also, inserting the Blu-ray disc into the optical drive may seem easy. But if you want Xbox One to play the Blu-ray then, there are a few steps that you have to do.
Which Xbox One Models Play Blu-Ray?
At present, there are three Xbox One console models that are available. Xbox One, Xbox One X, and Xbox One S are all-digital editions. The Xbox One S and the Xbox One X are all digital editions are entry-level products. This is mainly for those users who want to choose the eighth generation gaming system of Microsoft.
But only the Xbox One S and Xbox One X will be able to play the Blu-ray discs and the DVDs. But, you will not find this feature on the all-digital edition of Xbox One S as there is no proper disc drive. If you have the original model of Xbox One, then you can use that to play the Blu-ray discs. If you want to play the Blu-ray discs and the DVDs on your compatible Xbox One console, then the first thing that you have to do is install the Blu-ray player app on your Xbox One.
How To Play Blu-Ray On Xbox One?
If you want your Xbox One to play the Blu-ray, then the first thing that you need to do is download and install the Xbox One Blu-ray player from the Microsoft store. Here’s how to install this program.
How To Install Blu-Ray From The Xbox Home?
Here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- Turn on your Xbox One.
- Now hit the Xbox button that you will find on the hand controller which will open the guide.
- Now choose the home option. Then scroll down and choose the store option.
- In the search bar, type Blu-ray player and then search for it.
- Then, you have to click on the Blu-ray player and then open the store page.
- Next, you have to click on the install button so that you can download and install the Xbox One Blu-ray player app.
When the installation gets complete you can then return to the main dashboard. Then, you have to insert the Blu-ray disc and then press the Play disc title. This will play the Blu-ray movie.
Also Read, 7 Biggest Games to Ever Come Out
How To Install Blu-Ray By Inserting The Disc?
Here are some steps that you need to follow to install Blu-ray by inserting the disc.
- First, install the Blu-ray disc in the disc tray.
- Choose the Blu-ray disc app when the pop-up comes up.
- Now, you have to choose the install button so that the app gets installed on your Xbox One.
- When you see that the installation is complete then you have to go back to the dashboard. Then you need to click on the option that says Play disc so that you play the Blu-ray movie.
Also Read, Does PS4 Play DVDs | How It Works With DVDs?
Here we discussed does Xbox One play Blu-Ray and you have got the answer to this question of yours as well. You can try the above-mentioned methods to install the Blu-ray and then you can easily watch the movies and TV shows that you love.
Frequently Asked Question
Q. How To Use Xbox One To Play Blu-Ray?
To use Xbox One for playing the Blu-ray, you have to rip Blu-ray to Xbox One with Blu-ray ripper since this is the best Xbox One Blu-ray converter. This will help you to rip any Blu-ray discs including the scratched Blu-ray to Xbox One.
How To Play Blu-Ray On Your Xbox One?
Follow the given steps:
- Switch on Xbox on console.
- Now choose the Blu-ray or the DVD disc and then put it in your Xbox One disc drive.
- After inserting the disc in the disc drive of the consoler you will see that the installed Blu-ray app will appear. Then, you can start to play the disc.
- You can even insert the disc in your console and then choose the Blu-ray app on your Home screen.
- Next launch this app from the folder My games and apps option.