PlayStation is quite popular for those who love to play games. You sure are one among them. Being a PlayStation user, you would require to make PlayStation Store payments, and to make such payments on PlayStation, you need to know how to add money to wallet on PS4 and PS5.
PlayStation not only provides online gaming but also works as a fully functional web browser. The latest version of PlayStation is PS5 which has the tempest 3D audio tech, and with help of the new SSD, the loading speed is faster than ever. It also shows compatibility with the PS4 games. No game console other than PS provides such a vigorous collection of games. PlayStation can be said to be Sony’s best technological innovation for entertainment purposes.
Although there is a wide variety of video games on PS4 as well as PS5, you still might sometimes need to get more sources for your entertainment which can be found in the PlayStation Store and you can purchase any of them.
If you are a new user of PS4 or PS5 and are still figuring out how to add money to wallet on PS4 or PS5 so that you can experience all the entertainment sources available in the PlayStation Store, then you will find the procedure in this article in a precise manner.
How To Add Money To Wallet On PS4 Or PS5
Here are the steps to add money to your wallet on your PlayStation:
- On your PlayStation console, enter the Settings menu.
- In the menu, you will find the option “Account Management”. Select it.
- Go to your “Account Information”.
- Select the “Wallet” option.
- Here you can provide your card details.
- After mentioning the card details, select the option Add a Credit or Debit Card.
- Then you can confirm your purchase on the PlayStation Store.
The options available to add money to PS4 or PS5 wallet include credit card payment or PlayStation Network Card payment.
Once you have added money to your wallet, you can purchase the products that are available for you in the PlayStation Store with that money.
What Are The Payment Methods To Add Money To PlayStation Wallet
There are only a few available payment methods to top-up your PS4 or PS5 wallet. These payment options include:
- American Express
Other than Credit/Debit cards, PayPal is the only payment service that PlayStation Store accepts.
Moreover, these methods of payments and the wallet limit as well as the currency, all vary in different countries, so you may be having different payment modes depending upon the region you reside in. So, this is how to add money to wallet on PS4 and PS5.
How To Automatically Add Funds To PlayStation Wallet
Do you wish to apply settings to automatically add money to your PS4 or PS5 wallet so that you do not have to follow the procedure to add money every time you need to make a payment? There is an option available for this too. Below are the steps that you can follow if you want funds to be automatically added to your PlayStation wallet.
- Go to the Settings menu on your PlayStation console.
- Now enter the “Account Management” sub-menu.
- Here you will find the option of “Transaction Management”. Select it.
- Now click the “Manage Wallet” option.
- Here, you will have to choose “Yes” under the “Automatically Add Funds When Needed” option.
- Follow up as directed and the new settings will be applied.
Once you have applied these settings of automatically adding funds to your PS4 or PS5 wallet, whenever there will be insufficient funds available in your wallet for renewal of your existing subscriptions on PlayStation Store, the required amount will autonomously get added from your card whose details you have entered there.
Also check out: 5+ Best VR Headset For Roblox That Every Gamer Desires
How To Remove Payment Method From Your PS4 Or PS5 Wallet
Sometimes, you might not be interested in purchasing anything from the PlayStation Store with the money you added to your wallet, and you may wish to remove the funds from your PS4 wallet. In such a case, you can remove it through the following steps:
- Sign in to your PlayStation Store by selecting the Sign In option present at the top.
- Now, under your online ID, visit the “Payment Method” option.
- Here you can click on “Remove” to remove the payment method which you wish to.
How To Transfer PS4 Wallet Money To Another Account
If you want to transfer the money present in your PS4 wallet to another account then you will have to follow these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” option on your PS4 console.
- Now select the “Users And Accounts” menu.
- Choose the “Payments and Subscriptions” option.
- Click on “Add Funds”
- Now select the account where you want to transfer the amount, enter the amount you want to add, and select the payment method.
We hope you completely understood how to add money to PS4 or PS5 wallet. If this article was helpful, you can share it with your friends if they are also having the same queries. For more of such articles, you can visit our website anytime.
Can Sub Account Holders Use PS4 Wallet?
In PS4 or PS5, the sub-account holders are not allowed to create wallets but they definitely can use the wallets of the main account holders through which they can pay for the products or services on the PlayStation Store.
Why My PS4 Is Not Allowing To Add Funds To My Wallet?
If you are unable to add funds to your PS4 wallet, then you should know that sometimes the servers are temporarily unavailable due to some server problems or network issues. You can wait and try again later, or else, you should check the billing information that you have entered in case it is incorrect.
Can I Withdraw Money From My PlayStation Wallet?
As per the PSN Cancellation Policy, you are not allowed to cancel your account once you have added funds to your wallet. So, you will not be able to withdraw your PS wallet’s funds in any way.