We all agree to the fact that YouTube comments are worthwhile. But you know there are some people who just misuse the comment section as their personal stage for a private chit-chat session and selfish motives. These comments are not worth your time. So, what’s best you can do is hide your comments. Do you know How To Hide Comments On YouTube?
When these kinds of people comment on your YouTube it obviously catches the attention of your audience and their attention should be on your content and not on your comments. You being a creator should free yourself from any kind of irritating commercial communication and also from selfish, spam comments.
You can avoid these by simply hiding your YouTube comments. Since YouTube has made it quite easy for us to erase all kinds of irrelevant and offensive comments. In this way, you can spend more of your time engaging with those people who actually matter to you. But if you don’t know How To Hide Comments On YouTube don’t worry, we got your back.
This guide will help you hide those comments that are annoying, so that you can spend more time on useful things.
How To Hide Comments On YouTube?
Well to get rid of those offensive and inappropriate comments on YouTube you now have the ability to hide these kinda comments. So, let’s check them out.
How To Hide Comments On YouTube Videos?
If you want to hide some unwanted comments on YouTube videos, then here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Now, you have to tap on your profile picture. Next, select the Creator Studio option.
- Here, you have to tap on the Community option, followed by Comments, and then you will go to the comments section.
- Now under the published comments tab, you will get to see all the published comments on your YouTube videos.
- Find the comment that you want to delete or hide.
- Next, you have to press the Trash button by which you will be able to remove this comment.
- Now you gotto tap on the small flag button and then choose to hide this user’s comments on this channel option.
- And in this way, you can successfully hide users’ comments on your videos.
Related: YouTube Premium Family | How To Set It Up?
How To Hide All Comments On YouTube
When you hide someone on your YouTube channel than their comments too will automatically get disappeared from your YouTube videos. Due to this reason hiding and blocking are used. When you block someone then they will not be able to post comments on your YouTube. But they will be able to see comments that others post on your YouTube videos. Well, there are two ways by which you can do so:
- Go to YouTube creator studio. Now, from the left side of the dashboard, you need to choose the settings option.
- From the settings box, you have to choose the community option.
- Now in the automated filters tab, you will get to see the hidden users. In that box, you need to paste the URL of that user that you want to hide.
- Choose the comments option from the YouTube creator studio.
- Tap on the three vertical dots adjacent to the comment from the user whose comment you want to hide.
- Choose to hide the user from the channel option from the menu.
Related: How To Make YouTube Video Your Ringtone?
How To Unhide Comments On YouTube?
When you unhide a user then you will allow them again to comment on your videos and engage with them, if your YouTube comments on your videos are not turned off. But the previous comments from that users will still not show up on your videos.
There are two ways by which you can do so. Let’s check them out:
- Go to YouTube creator studio and choose the settings option.
- Click on the community option.
- Now, in the automated filter tab, you will find the hidden users. Find the username of these whom you have hidden from your channel.
- To unhide the users you need to click on the (X) sign next to their name.
- Open the YouTube homepage of the user whom you want to unhide.
- Find the About tab, and then click on the flag icon.
- Choose to unblock users from the drop-down list.
- Confirm your action and then click on submit button.
Related: How To Watch YouTube Together | Ways To Try Today!
So, that’s How To Hide Comments On YouTube. The steps are really easy. You just need to make sure that you follow the steps as it is.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How To Set YouTube Filters?
If you want to set filters on YouTube rather than wasting your time reviewing the spam and the troll comments, you can just set up keywords filters and blocks those YouTube comments with certain words. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to YouTube creator studio and then choose settings which you will find on the left side of the dashboard.
- Now, choose the community option from the opened settings box.
- In the blocked words, box Add the words that want to block. Separate the words with a comma and then tap on save.
Q. How To Search Comments On YouTube?
Follow these steps to search comments on YouTube:
- Go to YouTube creator studio, and then choose comments.
- Press on the filter icon, and then choose the search option from the menu.
- In the search box, you enter the keywords that you want to search for. After you have entered the keywords just click on Apply option and you will get to see the comments that you are looking for.