Are you among those who think you need a VR headset to watch 360-degree videos? If yes, then here is good news for you. You can watch VR on PC. No, it is not necessary to watch VR videos on a VR headset, instead, you can watch them easily on a PC. This post will cover how to watch virtual reality on PC.
VR videos are 360-degree videos, also known as surround video, immersive videos, or spherical videos, which are video recordings where a view in every direction is recorded simultaneously, shot using an omnidirectional camera or a collection of cameras. These videos are best viewed on VR headsets.
We will be discussing more about how to watch virtual reality on PC. There are many ways, and different videos can be viewed on your PC. you just need to have a VR player to play the video.
So, without wasting time, let’s start with how to watch virtual reality on PC.
How To Watch Virtual Reality On PC In Videos 180/360-Degree?
Here is a guide on how to watch virtual reality on pc. First, we will discuss only 180/360-degree videos.
- You can see it on YouTube or a different streaming website, find the movie and play with it.
- If you’ve got a 180/360-degree video document, you’ll require a video player that supports 360-degree videos. VLC and Kolor Eyes both support 360-degree movies and are compatible with both PC and Mac.
- For PCs, you may even use the native Windows video player, even if you’ve got a newly updated version.
- When the movie is available in the Windows participant, click on the three dots at the bottom of the film and choose 360 videos.
- Install the video player of your choice and start your video.
- To pan across your 360-degree video, left-click your mouse over the movie. Hold down the button and move your mouse.
How To Watch Virtual Reality On PC Or Mac In 3D?
Here is a guide on watching 3D videos on your PC or Mac. It is quite simple, and you just need the updated players.
- Ascertain whether the movie is anaglyph 3D TB or SBS. As mentioned above, if the film is anaglyph, you can watch it on your screen. Otherwise, you require a VR headset.
- Receive a pair of anaglyph glasses. Scan, and you might have the ability to get a few in a local shop; differently, you can find a sturdy pair that’s relatively cheap on Amazon here.
- If you see it on Youtube or any other internet streaming platform, choose Anaglyph from the 3D configurations (the gear icon in the base, the right of this movie ).
- If you’ve got a video document, you will want a video player capable of handling 3D videos. I suggest VLC because it is free, secure, can perform almost any video, is available for PC and Mac, and supports 360-degree videos.
- Additionally, Kolor Eyes (GoPro VR Player) is also a superb choice and compatible with PC and Mac.
- Put on your glasses and love.
Different Kind Of VR Videos
Since you know how to watch virtual reality on PC., let’s know about the Different kinds of VR videos. You may see movies from virtual reality in a lot of ways. Though a few are more immersive than many others, they are exciting techniques for watching a movie.
1. Full VR Video
What happens when you mix 3D and 360-degree performance in a movie? You receive an entire VR experience movie. You’ve got the visual depth of a 3D environment and the capability to pan around your perspective, providing you with a completely immersive virtual reality video encounter. For the VR film adventure, it will not get much better than that.
These videos are more difficult to locate, so you won’t have too much information to pick from, at least not yet. As I mentioned with the 3D movies, you’ll have to ascertain whether the film is anaglyph or not understand if you may view it on your screen or a VR headset. You may use your mouse to the pan if you see it on your screen.
2. 3D Video
The 3D movie for film theaters never actually took off, but in VR, it’s a fan following. The presence of 3D provides a substantial degree of realism to the whole digital encounter. The very affordable pricing and the fact variable make 3D videos very common.
You may find 3D movies on Youtube by heading to Youtube and hunting for 3D films or simply heading. Additionally, there are some movies offered in 3D for which you may purchase DVDs or even Blu-rays. A 3D effect happens in various ways, like an SBS (side by side) video, Over Under, or anaglyph. SBS and More Under should be seen with a VR headset since they have two different displays, one for each eye.
3. Routine 2D Video
Any movie can be viewed in virtual reality if it has been made for VR. It features regular 2D video, the typical YouTube movies, or get them out of a DVD or Blu-Ray.
Why should you see these in virtual reality whenever there’s nothing inherently unique or different about those videos? You might wonder.
Many VR headphones will perform routine 2D movies in a theater demonstration mode. To put it differently, it will be just like watching a couple of pops back into a theatre, or just like you had an impressive 100″ TV in your living space.
4. 180 Or 360-Degree Video
With 180-degree or even 360-degree videos, you begin to get into the uniqueness of digital reality. You get more of a feeling of being at the movie as you turn your head or pan around and watch the digital universe around you, but that movie will still be in 2D.
You might believe this is only possible in video games with CGI, but there are a good variety of live-action movies with 180 or even 360-degree functionality.
It’s possible to view 180 and 360-degree movies on your PC’s screen or with a VR headset. They provide a much enhanced and more natural encounter using a headset.
Here we end our post on how to watch virtual reality on PC. We have provided you with a guide for both Windows and MAC. You just need to follow the steps and start enjoying virtual reality on a PC.
Keep exploring our website to know more about VR headsets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What Is The Difference Between VR And Video?
360-degree videos are immersive, whereas virtual reality is interactive. So, the timeline remains in the hands of the audience. The choice or selection of what is to be seen can be made more freely in VR instead of 360-degree videos.
Q2. Are There VR Videos?
Virtual reality videos can be viewed using browser and apps ordinarily but offer the user the option to scroll the video internally from all directions (using the scroll button with four arrows on the top left corner of VR video) to change the user’s point of view.
Q3. Can You Watch A Normal Video On VR?
2D – Yes, you can watch 2D movies on a VR headset. These are ordinary videos and movies you can find on YouTube, Netflix, or DVDs (if you still use those). They look like you are watching something on the screen. 3D – These videos are the reason you bought a VR device.