To prevent energy exhaustion and make the battery stay longer on Macs, Apple allowed the consumers to change screen timeout on Mac according to themselves. In this feature, the screen automatically goes off after a certain period of inactivity, where the time period is chosen by you. If you are curious to know How to change Screen Timeout on Mac, then here is the post for you!
As already mentioned, you can easily alter the time duration of the screen timeout according to your feasibility or you can put it to sleep right after using it to save battery or security reasons. You even have the option to delay your Mac’s screen timeout so that you may complete downloads or listen to music for as long as you want.
When you are done using your Mac, switching off the screen is the best idea. This should be one of your daily practices to make your Mac’s battery stay safe and last longer.
But how? Here, we’re going to put light on how to change screen timeout on Mac to poof away your doubt.
What Is Screen Timeout On Mac?
Along with the other features, Apple provides one more, popular by the name of Screen Timeout that is too in your control. Yes, you heard it right. Isn’t it a must feature in our devices and life?
Absolutely without any second thought. In Mac, you can change the screen timeout on Mac whenever you want, especially after you are done working on it. On Mac, you also find features similar to this one, like Screen Saver and Sleep.
Don’t get confused between Screen Time, Screen Saver, and Screen Timeout on Mac. Screen Time provides data about your time on any particular application. Whereas, the Screen Timeout is wholesome different stuff.
How To Change Screen Timeout On Mac?
Want to increase your screen time out or wish to turn it to lesser time? Well, if that’s what you are searching for, then here are the steps on how to change screen timeout on Mac!
- Tap on the Apple icon in the left top most corner of your screen, and choose System Preferences from there.
- Go to the Energy Saver after that.
- On the resulting page, you will find the Turn Off The Display, slide that off.
- Next you will receive a pair of options, choose “Never” from there.
Also, check out How To Do Superscript & Subscript In Google Docs & Mac?
How To Change Screen Timeout On A MacBook Air?
Using MacBook Air? The steps are nearly the same for MacBook Air as well. Follow the given guide to change the Screen Timeout :
- Open the Apple Menu and select System Preferences.
- You’ll get a drop down list, scroll and find Desktop & Screen Saver, click on it.
- Ensure that you are operating the system in Desktop mode, if not, then switch it now.
- Once you complete the above step, scroll down the resulting page, there you’ll observe a Change Picture option, uncheck the box near to it.
Congo! You have managed to set your lock screen successfully.
Should One Toggle Off Sleep Mode On Mac?
You should utilize your Mac with the Sleep Mode on maximum time. It provides a crucial motive which is saving your Mac and decreasing the level of energy exhaustion. But toggling off the sleep mode of your Mac for a short period of time is okay. And not at all a bad idea to pinch your Energy protector settings either, in order to configure sleep mode the way you need it.
Also, check out How To Fix If AirPods Keep Disconnecting From iPhone/iPad & Mac?
How To Arrange Sleep Mode on Your Mac?
Put your Mac into sleep mode when not using it. Here are the steps to arrange sleep mode on Your Mac:
- Enter the Apple Menu, tap on the Ape logo on the left side of your screen and choose System Preferences.
- From the given list, Open Energy Saver.
- After that you get a list of options, select Schedule.
- A portal will come up with two boxes by the name of Wake and Sleep or Start Up.
- Choose the time and the day of the week you want your Mac to wake or sleep.
- At last to confirm, give “Ok” a hit.
Now onwards, your Mac will sleep or wake on the time and day that you chose.
That was all for the guide on how to change screen timeout on Mac.
Screen timeout is invented to save battery life and begin again after a period of time. Once you are done using your Mac and forget to switch the system off, it’ll automatically switch off for a time period with a fixed period of inactivity on the system. The good part is that now you can decide what time span that can be.
Mac OS is a bunch of huge power efficiency. They practice saving energy as much as they can so that the life of your Mac’s battery may last longer and lower your electricity bills. Result Of which is the Screen Timeout feature, which switches off the screen after a certain period of inaction in the system.
Q1. How To Change The Screen Timeout On Mac?
Ans. To change the screen timeout on Mac follow the given instructions :
Settings > Display> Screen Timeout/Sleep
Q2. How to prevent the Mac Screen from going to 2021?
Ans. Long press on the glider parallels to “Display Sleep” and bring it to the right side to high the time amount before the display goes off.