Viasat is a very popular American brand that is known for providing internet services. This company offers many different products. One of the most popular products is the satellite dishes and modems. However, recently there are many users who are asking questions about how to reset Viasat modem? If you too want to know about it, then you have come to the right place.
With Viasat Internet you can set up the internet connection at your home without even having the need to set up any wirings. But the only thing that you need is to install the satellite dish in a place where it can catch the signals easily without any hindrance. Then, you connect the dish to your modem with the help of a single wire.
However, when you set up the service and use it, you may encounter some issues. One of the common problems that many faces are that their internet stops working. So, in this case, you can try to reset the Viasat modem. But the question that follows is do you know how to reset Viasat modem? If you are a new Viasat user and don’t know how you can reset your mode, then we are here to help you out.
Below we have listed a few ways by which you will be able to reset your Viasat modem and then use it without facing any issues. So, are you ready for it? Let’s get started.
How To Reset Viasat Modem?
Now, it’s time that we get to know how to reset Viasat modem. There are a few ways by which you will be able to reset your Viasat modem easily.
Use The Reset Button
The Viasat modem comes with many features that will allow you to use them, so that you can stay relaxed. The reset button is perhaps one of the reasons and you can even use it if you face any problems. The button can revert your device to the factory default state. Hence, it will remove any kind of issues that you were facing with the help of the changes that you had made.
Remember that if you want to reset your Viasat modem, then you will be able to use the small button which you will find at the back easily. However, if you are not able to find it, then you can easily consult the manual which you get along with the modem. The location of the button can differ on the basis of the model of the modem that you are using. Now, just simply hold the button for a few seconds and your device will reset.
Apart from resetting the Viasat modem completely, there is another way by which you can reset the modem. Do you know what it is? Well, it is by a soft reset. This can be really easy and a better solution for those who don’t want to lose their network settings and configurations.
However, one thing that you have to remember is that this soft reset may not solve the problem that you are facing but you can still give it a try. In this process, you have to shut down your modem with the power button which you will find at the back of the modem, and then take off the power cable. Wait for a few minutes and then, turn on your device again.
Resetting The Whole Network
Now, the last thing that you have to remember is that the internet connection from the Viasat needs two modems. One of them is installed in your house while the other modem is used to catch signals that come from satellites. If you see that the problem continues, then you can reset both of these modems.
First, reset the gateway modem and then the easy one. You need to hold the buttons for around 10 seconds before your get removed from their configurations. Remember that the network setting on your modem needs to be set up from scratch once you have reset it. Your password and other features that you have activated or disabled after booting the modem are also included in this. You can try out these three methods and you will find your answer to How To Reset Viasat Modem.
How To Restart The Wireless Router And Viasat Modem?
If you want to know how you can restart the wireless router and your Viasat modem, then here are a few easy steps that you need to follow.
- First, shut down your computer that is connected to your Viasat modem.
- Now, switch off the router and unplug it.
- Power off your modem and unplug it from the electrical outlet.
- If your ethernet cable is connected to your computer to the modem, then disconnect that too. Wait for a few seconds and then plug it back in.
- Ensure that the ethernet cable for the router is plugged in securely at the back of the modem. Remember that the wireless routers do not need any cable connection to the computers that they support.
- Now, it’s time to plug in the modem. Wait till all the LED lights on the modem are solid.
- Switch on your router and computer.
So, this is how to reset Viasat modem. The steps that you need to follow are really easy, just make sure that you are following the steps as it is. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How Can You Connect To Your Viasat Modem?
Well with the help of the given steps you will be able to connect to your Viasat modem.
- First, make sure that your modem is connected to the coax cable.
- Now, connect the ethernet cable.
- Then, you have to assemble the power adapter.
- You need to use the standard AC power source to plug in the cord.
- Now, open the internet explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and a web browser that is connected to your modem after you have switched on your computer.
Q. How To Change Viasat Router Settings.
If you want to change the Viasat router settings, then here are a few steps to follow:
- On the admin password page tap on the router settings tab.
- You will need your admin username and password so that you can log in again. You will get to see these sections when you scroll down the page.
- Now, customize any settings under the advanced settings following this step.