Meta is trying to dive more into the web 3 platforms. It has recently signed eight trademark applications to operate web 3 services. So, here is a post that will cover everything about Meta files new trademark.
Blockchain-based Web 3, is the next phase of the Internet as we know it today. It will have cryptocurrencies and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) as integral elements that will together enhance the metaverse sector. The new trademark includes a dating app, specially designed for crypto investors. The move comes in favor of Meta’s efforts to strengthen its position in the crypto and metaverse spheres.
We will be discussing Meta files new trademark. We will discuss each trademark and how it will strengthen its position further in the web 3 platforms. We will also go through its applications. So, without wasting time, let’s start.
Meta Files New Trademark
Meta has applied for a trademark that will allow its logo to be used for crypto tokens and virtual exchanges. This has indicated that the company is interested to venture into crypto and virtual products and services.
The trademark application as announced by popular Metaverse and NFT trading Attorney, Michael Kondoudis representing Meta; is not only limited to the aforementioned, it also includes:
- Financial trading
- Currency trading
- Blockchain software
- Virtual currency wallets
- Virtual currency exchange
- Digital, crypto, and virtual currencies
However, these trademarks would allow Meta to use their logo on their products and services.
“These filings reflect the company’s strategy for moving into the metaverse. Meta clearly has significant plans for the virtual economy that will drive it,” said Mike Kondoudis, Washington, D.C. based trademark lawyer, in a statement.
- 97320155: Online social networking and dating services, including a specific branch tailored for networking between cryptocurrency investors.
- 97320153: Design and development of computer hardware and software relating to Web3, including gaming, e-commerce, blockchain transactions, etc.
- 97320149: Entertainment and electronic publishing services, partly within virtual reality.
- 97320147: Telecommunication services for electronic assets held on its platform.
- 97320146: Financial transaction processing services relating to tokens, blockchain assets, cryptocurrencies, and other virtual assets.
- 97320144: Advertising services via virtual or augmented reality networks and the metaverse.
- 97320140: Wearable peripherals for video games connected to virtual reality.
- 97320136: Downloadable software in the nature of a mobile application, such as for user authentication, online charitable fundraising, and most notably, for hardware or e-wallets.
What Will Be Its Applications?
One of these applications includes a trademark for cryptocurrency services including exchange services and a digital currency wallet. Another trademark is specified for online networking and dating services, with mention of services for people interested in cryptocurrency investing.
A non-crypto currency trademark application referenced virtual reality and augmented reality advertising. In addition, Virtual Reality (VR)-supporting entertainment and digital publishing services along with a line-up of VR wearables are also on Meta’s radar.
Meta is considering creating software for e-wallets as well. The company has not, however, officially announced any details about its trademark filings. It could be months before Meta gets its approvals.
The average time for the US Patent and Trademark Office to review an application is about nine-and-a-half months.
We have gone through the Meta files new trademark. We have discussed these trademarks and how they can help Meta to dive further into web 3 applications. At last, we discussed its applications.
Explore our website to know more about Meta and virtual worlds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What Is Meta For Social Media?
A Social Technology Company. Today at Connect 2021, CEO Mark Zuckerberg introduced Meta, which brings together our apps and technologies under one new company brand. Meta’s focus will be to bring the metaverse to life and help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses.
Q2. What Is New Meta?
Facebook (the parent company) has changed its name to Meta, in reference to the metaverse, which combines social media with virtual and augmented reality — this will be the company’s main focus moving forward. The social media platform will still be called Facebook and won’t be affected by the rebranding.
Q3. What Companies Are Under Meta?
Meta products and services include Facebook, Messenger, Facebook Watch, and Facebook Portal. It has also acquired Oculus, Giphy, Mapillary, Kustomer, and has a 9.99% stake in Jio Platforms. In 2021, the company generated 97.5% of its revenue from the sale of advertisement placements to marketers.