While thinking of the best ways to maintain security in an area, surveillance cameras are the first thing that comes to our mind, right? Undoubtedly CCTV cameras are nowadays being extensively used all over the world. Do you also wish to use this mode of surveillance and want to know how to set up wireless CCTV cameras?
The increasing rate of crimes across the globe has increased the need for more advanced methods for security checks. Whether it is your house or office or a shopping store, you need to set up these surveillance cameras almost everywhere because no one knows where and how the trouble might show up.
If you have not set up CCTV cameras at your home or working place then you should not wait any longer before you regret it. It is good to take all the safety precautions to prevent tragedies and for this, there can be no better way than installing surveillance cameras.
To be able to have access to your CCTV cameras from wherever you are, it is preferred to install wireless surveillance cameras instead of wired ones. Are you not sure of how to install wireless CCTV cameras? Then don’t worry, we are here to give you detailed information regarding the CCTV cameras and how you can set up wireless CCTV cameras.
Are There No Wires In Wireless CCTV Cameras
Since wireless CCTV cameras are not so popular yet, a lot of people have some doubts or misconceptions regarding them. For instance, some people might think that wireless cameras mean that there will not be a single wire or cable attached that we need to link with the cameras. This is not true at all.
By the word “wireless”, it is meant that these cameras will not require any kind of cables for the transmission of data or the camera footage. In the case of wired cameras, you need to connect the cameras to your monitoring devices where you can watch the footage on the screens, through wires. But that is not the case for wireless CCTV cameras.
Also, have a look at 5 Known Factors That Can Compromise Lockers Security
How Do Wireless CCTV Cameras Work
Wireless CCTV cameras do not require you to connect them with cables to transfer the footage to your DVRs and then watch it on the monitor. These cameras use cloud technology and beam the footage across distances, all you need is to connect them to your WiFi. But the wireless CCTV cameras also need wires because you have to provide them with a power source so that they can work.
Also, check out 5 Best Free WebCam Recorders And Screen Recording Software
What To Ensure While Setting Up Wireless CCTV Cameras
There are a few things that you need to take care of when installing wireless CCTV cameras and you should be well aware of all of them. Let us know about these, one by one.
1. Power Source For CCTV Camera
The first thing that you have to remember while setting up wireless CCTV cameras is that the power cable should be long enough to reach the power source to keep your camera turned on, and the power source should be providing electricity all the time so that you do not miss out on anything.
The connectivity reception of the power source where your wireless camera is to be installed should be strong.
Once all these things are ensured, you are set to install your wireless CCTV cameras in the selected areas.
Also, have a look at Superb Methods to stimulate students to turn on their cameras
2. Height And Angle Of CCTV Camera
The most important thing that you need to take care of when installing CCTV cameras is the spot. You should always choose a spot that can cover the maximum area around the camera where security is needed.
So, you have to position your wireless CCTV cameras to the appropriate height as well as angle. The placement of the camera should neither be too high nor be too low. If you fix your CCTV camera at a much higher level then the camera might not be able to pick all the details around it, and if it is fixed at a lower level then it is prone to damage under some circumstances.
As for the angle, it is preferred to be fixed in a maximum tilted angle which will help in covering the most area. To achieve this, the best thing would be to fix the camera at the corners and the brighter vantage points.
If you are using a fisheye camera, then select the widest corner to cover the maximum area.
Also, have a look at Best Cameras For Vlogging and Streaming Under $1500
3. WiFi Connection
The Wireless CCTV cameras work through a WiFi connection to provide you with the footage. This way, you will be connected to the cameras through your mobile phone or laptop while you have an internet connection.
Firstly, while setting up a wireless CCTV camera, you will need to configure your WiFi so that it can work with your surveillance camera. For this configuration, you will require the log-in credentials of your network along with the IP address as well as a host. Another technical detail will also be needed. So you will need to own all this information to be able to install your security cameras.
If you are placing your CCTV camera in a spot that is remote where the wireless connectivity might get weaker, then you will need to take care of this too. As the transmission of all the data and the communication through surveillance cameras is dependent upon WiFi connection in the case of wireless CCTV cameras, you will have to make sure that a good WiFi connection is available at the location you have installed your cameras.
If not, then you will need to deploy WiFi extenders wherever needed so that they help in boosting the wireless signals for the cameras to work smoothly.
An alternative to this is 4G CCTV cameras. Yes, you can get these cameras and you will then not have to worry about the poor network connectivity in any area. The 4G CCTV cameras have cellular connectivity and there is no need for good WiFi strength in the location where they are installed.
Also, read 9 Best Cameras For Vlogging And Streaming Under $1000
4. App And Cloud Configuration For CCTV Cameras
As in the case of Wireless CCTV cameras, the data is not transmitted into any DVR, rather, it is operated from the cloud. So, for real-time recording and streaming of the footage being captured by your wireless camera, you will have to set up the cloud so that you can be able to view the live footage of that place.
How To Set Up Wireless CCTV Cameras
Let us now know in a few simple steps how you have to set up your wireless CCTV camera.
- Decide the desired area, the appropriate height, and angle for the camera to be installed.
- Now hold the mounting bracket against the wall and mark with a pencil the points where the screw holes are present.
- Now drill the holes in the wall. Make sure the holes are smaller than the bracket’s screw size.
- Again hold the mounting bracket against the wall and align the screw holes with the holes that you just made in the wall.
- Insert the screws into it one by one. And make sure that every screw is tightly inserted.
- Now just plug the CCTV camera into the mounting bracket.
- Insert the batteries into the camera.
Also, check out 9 Best Cameras for Vlogging and Streaming Under $500 That Every Vlogger Dreams Of
How To Use Wireless CCTV Cameras With WiFi Router
After setting up the security cameras to the desired positions, you will now need to link them to your WiFi router, and here are the steps to do this:
- First of all, you will have to determine the strength of your network. The WiFi strength should be strong enough to provide you with the footage smoothly without any interruptions.
- Now you have to configure the wireless surveillance camera to your network. Use an Ethernet cable for this and plug in the 12V DC adapter. Let the camera’s power turn on.
- Now access the web interface of the IP camera. You need to go to the IP address of our camera.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the plug-in. And then log on to it by entering the credentials.
- Go to the “Setup” option then enter “Network” and there you have to select the “TCP/IP” option.
- Check the picture on the top left to make sure that it has tick marked “IP Camera” to verify that you are on the correct web.
- Select the drop-down box “WIRE(DEFAULT)”.
- Click on the “DEFAULT” option next to the drop-down box.
- Select the “STATIC” button.
- Here you can alter the camera’s address. The address should not be the same as any other device on your network.
- After you are done with the alterations, tap on the “SAVE” option. Now you will need to log in again.
- Again, go to “SETUP” then “NETWORK” and then to the “WiFi” option.
- Go to the “ENABLE” box and select the “SEARCH SSID” option. This will search all the available networks.
- When you see the name of your network, select it and enter the credentials. In a few minutes, the device will be connected.
Also, read How Does Liftware Stabilizing Handle Work | Eat With Confidence
How To Connect Wireless Security Camera To Phone
If you wish to connect your Wireless CCTV Camera to your phone so that you can view the footage of the camera from anywhere, you will need to just follow these simple steps:
- Install the security camera application on your device.
- Now launch the application and add the security camera to it.
- Tap on the security camera that you just linked to your phone and you will be able to watch the footage being captured by the surveillance camera.
- You can enable various customizable surveillance configuration settings such as motion detection mode, alerts frequency, upload path, and many more as you like to.
Also, read 15 Finest Technology Trends In 2022 | Meet The Future!!
Important Features For Better Remote Viewing Of Wireless Security Cameras
If you want to connect your wireless CCTV camera to your phone so that you can remotely view whatever is being captured, there are a few things that you need to look after before deciding which camera you should get.
1. High Camera Resolution
If you want to watch the footage on your phone, then the resolution of your CCTV camera should be high enough to produce clear and quality footage even on a small screen. It is better to get a security camera that has a 4MP resolution (1440p) or even higher.
2. Good Infrared Night Vision
The important thing is whether you can view clear footage of the nighttime. Most of the mishappenings take place in the dark, and if your CCTV camera doesn’t have excellent infrared night vision then it is not worth installing.
3. A Recorder With H.265 Video Compression
For efficient video streaming and manageable file size for your videos to maintain an optimized storage space, you need to take care of the video compression capability of your wireless CCTV camera.
4. Easy App Navigation
The mobile application for the camera you are getting should be convenient to use on your device so that you can easily navigate through it and not have any trouble while viewing the live footage of your security cameras on your device.
5. Phone Connectivity
There should not be the issue of network interference on your mobile while viewing the live footage of your security cameras on it. Make sure that the mobile app for your camera offers various viewing modes so that you can view the video as suited to the network conditions.
Also, have a look at What Is Microsoft Pluton Security Processor And How Is It Different From TPM?
How To Fix Wireless CCTV Camera Not Connecting To WiFi
Are you having trouble connecting your WiFi device to your wireless CCTV camera? It is alright, sometimes this can happen depending on various factors. In such cases, you can try the following steps for troubleshooting.
- Make sure that the WiFi settings you have applied are correct. Recheck the WiFi key as well as the IP address that you have entered.
- Disconnect the power of your camera for a few seconds and then plug it in again.
- Try to connect a network cable to your device and then disconnect it.
- Reconnect the camera to a wired network and enter the DEFAULT settings from the web interface of your camera. Reconfigure it.
- Ensure that there is not an IP conflict with any other device at the address of your network.
- Your router might not be able to handle WPA and WPA2. so, try lowering the encryption to WEP. If it doesn’t work, then you can buy a new router.
In the present age, Surveillance cameras have become a basic need for the places you are associated with. So, do not wait any longer and get your own Wireless CCTV Cameras and set them up wherever you think they are needed.
We hope you liked our article and completely understood how you can set up wireless CCTV cameras on your own. For more such information, you can always visit our website DEASILEX.
What Is A Camera Receiver In Security Cameras?
Camera receivers are what pick up the signals from the cameras even from far distances. These are used in the case of wireless security cameras.
Is It Hard To Install Security Cameras?
The installation of wireless security cameras is different from that of conventional security cameras. It is comparatively easier to install wireless surveillance cameras.
How To Prevent Gasket Failure While Setting Up Security Cameras?
You can mount the base or the mounting bracket to a flat and smooth surface to prevent gasket failure.
Can Wireless CCTV Cameras Work Without Internet?
Most wireless cameras don’t work without the internet, yet, a few latest models of wireless security cameras have the feature of local storage in case of need.